Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Would you deliver a pup?

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by kayz, Aug 1, 2009.

1. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

On another forum I use there is someone wanting a CKCS. She is asking if KC papers are important. Now she wants to know if she should ask the breeder to deliver.

Would you deliver a puppy?

2. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

i ALWAYS FIND IT STRANGE AS IN MY EYES .ID WANT TO SEE THE PUPS WITH THERE MUM AND WHERE THEY HAVE COME FROM. MAYBE IM A BIT OF A WORRIER BUT I WOULDNT JUST DELIVIER A PUP TO ANYONE SHE HASNT EVEN CHECKED OUT WHERE THIS PUPS FROM WHICH IS THE FIRST THING ID DO. hOW WELL HAS SHE CHECKED EVERYTHING OUT. hAVE THEY NO TRANSPORT OR KNOW ANYONE THAT CAN COME SEE THE PUPS WITH HER. I SUPPOSE THE OTHER THING IS YOU COULD SEE WHERE PUPPY IS GOING IF IT IS HER PLACE THAT IS..

3. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

She says that they can't drive. She just wants the breeder to deliver the pup, give the money and away they go.

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

i WOULDNT ALARM BELLS WOULD BE RINGING IF THEY CANT BE BOTHERED TO GET THERE SOME HOW TO VEIW THE PUPS AND ASK QUESTIONS THEN THERES SOME THING AFOOT. pERSONALLY ME MYSELF WOULDNT DELIVER.

5. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

She doesn't really want the papers either.

6. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

iS IT A BITCH THERE AFTER.....WOULD THEY USE THEN FOR BREEDING FROM THATS THE TROUBLE....

7. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

A slight deviation here, but what if someone had visited the puppy, had a home check and everything, THEN wanted the pup delivered?

I dont think anyway decent, ethical breeder would deliver a pup to someone they have never met, but im sure there are BYB and PF that would.

8. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

can she not find someone nearer? that way she could go see the pups etc
    where is she situated and where is puppy ? maybe someone could go view for her and ask the questions she needs to know and have a good look at pups, mum and surroundings

9. kayz

kayz PetForums VIP

That would be different in my eyes. If they had visited the puppy and the breeder was happy with them and was happy to deliver then fine. But she just wants the puppy delivered to her.

I understand people can't drive, I can't(learning) but I would call in favours, get train/bus/taxi etc to visit a puppy first.

10. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

i AGREE WITH WHAT YOUR SAYING ABOUT THE IF THEY HAD VISITED THE PUP HAD HOME CHECK AND ALL THEN I WOULD BE MORE HAPPY TO DELIVER.

11. poochimama

poochimama PetForums Senior

I have to admit i have probs with transport so i know how hard it can be ... im lucky i can call in favours from my son and brother

12. cav

cav PetForums VIP

yes i would deliver a pup and i would also bring her to my home to meet mum and the litter;)

13. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

She sounds like one of those who would go on an internet site, add a puppy to her "basket" then checkout.

Buying a dog shouldnt be as easy as buying a CD.

Obviously health and quality mean nothing to her. People like this are the reason why PF's and BYB's exist.

14. Sleeping_Lion

Sleeping_Lion Banned

From how you've phrased the question, in a word, 'No'.

Dog ownership takes some effort, transport problems aside, if you wanted to ensure you bought a pup responsibly you'd make the effort to locate a good breeder and arrange a trip to see them.

It leads you to ask the question that if they didn't want the pup after a few weeks, I'd assume they'd also like the breeder to pop along and fetch it back??

15. sandymaynard

sandymaynard PetForums Senior

When i used to breed boxers!
    There was 4 pups that i delivered to people who could not drive!
    But i took rosie along with me so they could meet the mum! But also i checked them on a home check!
    Sounds a bit weird that she does not want Kc papers as this proves that the dog is apedigree!
    I can understand that she does not have a car! But i would want to at least met the mum!
    Just my thoughts!
    Sandy

16. Spellweaver

Spellweaver PetForums VIP

You get all sorts of people asking all sorts of wierd things if you have pups for sale. One woman actually wanted me to take a pup to a train station where she would meet me, give me the money and take the pup home - needless to say I refused! All the people who bought pups from me came to see them at least once - and most of them came two or three times. If people are serious about wanting a pup I find that they don't mind how far they travel. I actually deliever every pup to the new home, no matter how far away, because it's an excellent way to do a housecheck, and it also means that you can make sure the pup is settled and happy before you finalise the sale. But I would never take a pup to the home of someone who had not been to see the pups, and who I had not been able to assess in person.

17. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

My mum has delivered a pup but only after the buyer had visited mum and pup at home and i know she has met a buyer at airport to transfer the dog to them (again after the inital visit at mums home) ..........it was a short flight to Scotland i might add:eek:

I would deliver a pup if the person had seen in my home 1st.....

18. bichonsrus

bichonsrus PetForums Senior

when i first went to get my pup i had to go a fair way across london to view it, was on a sunday when they were diverting trains due to train works. left right and centre. The person selling the dog said its ok we can deliver and i said no its ok i would rather come by train and see her in her own enviroment. We had exchanged alot of emails by the time i actually went and got her but there was no way i would buy a dog i hadnt known where they had been bought up, how they had been treated etc etc.......NO decent person would just say deliver it , im not bothered etc, im sorry but imo this person would not be someone you would feel happy giving a pup too!!

19. clueless

clueless Banned

If this person had just phoned me about a pup then no way would I deliver. Different all together if they had been visiting pups at my home, then I would gladly deliver so that I could do another Homecheck

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

The people who I bought Sky from brought her down for me. We were having snow at the time and it was too dangerous for me to drive. They said it was fine they had a range rover and had driven in snow many times.

I am so thankful they were able to bring her but I also understand why breeders wouldn't want to deliver.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice