Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

would you believe it

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jenny armour, Jun 24, 2010.

1. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

as some of you might know i have a family of 4 raggies 3 wegies and 1 bsh.
    a few months ago i met a lady who lives in the next village and while talking to her found out that she owned a raggie called oliver.
    well she asked me last month if i would look after oliver while she went away for a week and i said yes.
    this evening she came to collect him. when she walked in the door i made a joke saying that i was going to tell her that oliver had run away and not to come and get him as he wasnt here. she then asked me if i wanted to keep him as she didnt want him because he shed his coat.
    can you believe some people, apparently she was told by the breeder that raggies dont shed their coats. i know this rumour did go around and obviously was proved wrong.
    i must admit i was very tempted as he had settled so well with my bunch, and being an only raggie had obviously enjoyed their company, as raggies are not really only cats.
    she has taken him home even though she really didnt want to and i have told her that i would willingly have him anytime that she goes away.
    whats the betting i could end up with another baby?

2. Stephny691

Stephny691 PetForums Senior

I would have just said yes I'll keep him lol!

No matter the rumours, how could anyone think that a coat like a Raggies would be non-shed?!
    xxx

3. jenny armour

dont ask me stepny i know some years ago there was a rumour going around that they didnt shed.
    i was so tempted to keep him because he had settled in so quickly with all my cats.
    i think i might give her a ring in a couple of days to see if he is settling back in again.
    the trouble is the expense of another cat. its ok while they are healthy but the vet bills. i know i have two of my raggies up the vet frequently.

4. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwww it was nice of you to look after him for her but all cat that have fur shed sometimes i would never part with my cats because of that when you take on a cat it for life lol

5. jenny armour

i totally agree katie. the owner told me before she went away that oliver was not allowed in the bedroom because of the hairs, but he slept with me. he is such an affectionate cat i dont know how she would want to give him away.

6. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

some people just think animal are for that moment but there really hard work and fun and not toys i think she should have looked online befor getting a ragdoll so she know all the facts befor i got holly i read and talked about what she was like and the care she would need yer they are affectionatre and if you brush them every day and bath them once a month in the summer it keeps the hair down well it dose hollys lol

7. jenny armour

thought i would upload this photo
    oliver is the one on the left with jack my seal bicolour
    [​IMG]

8. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

awwww there both lovely

9. jenny armour

just an update on oliver
    i phoned the owner this morning because she had left his bed here yesterday.
    when i asked her if she still wanted to 'get rid' of oliver, she had changed her mind.
    i told her that next time she suggested me having him, i wouldnt let her have a second chance in changing her mind

10. Ally-Kats

Ally-Kats PetForums VIP

I don't blame you next time she wants 'rid' take him home and love him like he deserves to be loved:D

11. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i dont blame you cats need loads of love but at least he ok

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice