Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Would you beleive it?

Discussion in 'Rodents' started by K1nS, Jun 9, 2010.

1. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

So last night we had Moon out as usual, my OH put him away just as we was going to bed and thought nothing else of it. I am doing the early shift at work today so was up at 6, came down and as I was opening the curtains I thought I heard something under the TV, I had a look thinking that maybe we had a mouse or something but didn't see anything. Then as I was walking past Moons cage, I noticed the top of his cage was open :eek: I checked his bed, tubes etc. and he wasn't there. I then thought to wake my OH up as we had it all open over the night so I needed the help to find him, I told him about me hearing something move under the TV so he checked there. Guess what? He was curled up in a little ball sleeping there lol. I was amazed that he had managed to climb out of his cage and jump onto the floor without being hurt :eek:

Thankgod i'm working the early shift today otherwise I may not have found him later on :thumbup:

2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Haha I think we have all experienced this...

You get dread and fear and worry,, then excitement when you find them..

I had a baby escape, at large for 2 days and I didn't know cause I had been ill.. lol

And our Princess Neeco is an expert at getting out of cages, I have had to secure them all... She was that strong she could open the doors...

Glad you found him andglad he is ok the little minx.....

3. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Omg you were lucky werent you, Darla is the escape expert in our house, its a huge worry with three cats and a dog in the house, but Darla is a badass so I think she would sort them out;).

4. Daisymoo

Daisymoo PetForums Senior

My hamster Phoebe nearly escaped from her ball the other night! I had put her in there for a bit while I was cleaning out her cage and as they do like to bang into things the lid must have come loose, it was lucky I heard it fall onto the wooden floor I managed to grab the ball just in time before Phoebe realised what had happened!!!

5. blade100

blade100 PetForums VIP

thats why i stick cellotape strips each side of the lid as this happened to me once too!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice