Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Would this book work?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by plymgary, Jul 9, 2009.

1. plymgary

plymgary PetForums Newbie

So, it's gone midnight and I've just had a random thought!

I was reading about Vladamir Putin and his relationship with his dog and I got to thinking, would people be interested in a book about famous people and their dogs? It could feature photos of the people with their pets and a short write-up on their own special relationship with their pet.

If it would work it's probably been done already!!!

Gary :)

2. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

It wouldn't be my bag tbh. But then millions of people love reading about celebs/politicians etc, so why not a book about their dogs too?

3. rona

rona Guest

Of no interest to me either, but with the amount of books about celebs on the shelves it could be a seller.

4. plymgary

Thanks for the replies. :)

I guess it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea but I'm sure there would be plenty of people interested. TOnight I've written to the Clintons and Obamas to ask a few questions. I'm probably more likely to become the next President of the USA before I get a reply but, trying never hurt anyone (well, apart from the Wright brothers). :)

5. Sheltielady

Sheltielady PetForums Junior

I know some famous people have already written about their dogs and I'm pretty sure it's been done already, wracking my brains trying to remember - I think I may have seen something in my local library.

Not my cup of tea, but I wish you all the best with it.

6. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Lol!
    Just been out for a drink with a friend who is exactly the market you're aiming for.... reads all the gossip mags, loves dogs and can't wait to part with her cash! There's money in them there hills! Go for it, but don't forget us when you're famous ;) :D

7. plymgary

Yay, that sounds good. :)

I've only seen a couple of books in the market but with celebrities like, ahem Anthea Turner, I'm sure there's room for bigger hitters. I'll keep aiming for the top until they either give in or get a restraining order.

8. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

You could always write about a restraining order, the Gaurdian would snap it up :D
    Serious note, I'm impressed that you've run with your idea so quickly and gone straight for the leaders of the the free world *coughs* start as you mean to go on! And these people have such huge PR machines behind the scenes, I bet you get quite a speedy (if impersonal) reply.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice