UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I wrote on here the other night with the dreadful report of my wee girl's tragic death, I never imagined such an outpouring of sympathetic responses.

I read each one and I am in tears. Tears that there are those out there that understand the grief that comes with such tragedy.

It is now Saturday evening and I am feeling better. I hadn't cried - til now!! - for the last two days. I can think of the accident without feeling like someone has stabbed me through the heart. The grief and shock is still paramount, which I'm sure I will feel for some days yet.

But I wanted to thank each and every one of you for your lovely, kind words. I'm terribly sorry if the story upset some out there. I hope I didn't go into too much horrendous detail. I wasn't quite in my right mind on Thursday evening. I spent hours bawling my eyes out and reading about pet grief on the net before typing here.

I wish you all well and hope your darling fur-children live long and happy lives. I now have my entire being to focus on my living fur-child, the Holly cat. She knows Bubba's gone, but she seems to be coping all right. She goes searching for her on occassion.

Thank you, thank you all so much. Your compassion is boundless.

You are all very good people.

Kindest regards
Rosie

·
Registered
594 Posts
I still really feel for you, it's gonna be a long while before you can think of your lovely baby with instantly feeling the pain and sadness. It's this love for our cats that brings us all to the forum, and it's this love for our cats that tells us just how heart broken and shocked you must have felt, and how could we not want to help you come to terms with it all. Share your grief.

I don't think anyone has ever really understood just how I felt trying to save my cat from a dogs jaws, it's only been since I came here, years later that I have actually felt free enough to say that it was the worst day of my life.
I imagine that's how you feel about your baby's early and shocking death.

I hope coming here will help you in some way.

G

·
I am blubbering, It will be a while yet before you start blocking the loss, but when that moon beam of happy memories starts to explode & you remember all the good fur times, wow, my husband & I were just talking of our little bundle Tinker who we lost & were in fit's of giggles as he was a magpie, we thought he might have been the Fagen of the cat black market underground, I would lose an item of jewlery, hunt for it for ages, then in would trot Tinker & spit out a muddy lump, honest I first thought little bugger spitting out mud on my carpets, but on closer inspection, there would be my lost earing/ring/even a jewel hair clip. So when thing's go missing I don't think going senile I have a smile to myself & think Tink you little...... give it up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks again to everyone for their lovely comments.

I'm having a wee bit of sad day and I feel heavy. I think that's because roast lamb is on the menu for tonight and that was Bubba's favourite. I feel bad eating it and she's not here to harass me for some. It was my favourite time of day with her when I got her roast lamb together for her.

And yes, I think it will be a long time coming before I'm able to not feel the pain at some stage during the day.

So thank you all so very much for being here, for understanding and for sharing my grief and sadness.

Kindest regards
Rosie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.