Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Would/could you be a naturalist?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wobbles, Nov 19, 2012.

1. Wobbles

Wobbles Banned

#1 Wobbles, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

As long as everyone else was naked and there wouldn't be any onlookers it wouldn't bother me. Also if it was ahot country. I couldn't see the benefit unless you got an all over tan. Any nudist beaches I have been on usually had lots of people who looked worse than me. If I go to the beach alone I try and find someone who is bigger than me to lie near!:ihih:

3. MCWillow

MCWillow PetForums VIP

Never!!

I don't even sunbathe topless!

I am happy to walk around naked at home, but I don't see any need to be naked in front of strangers :eek:

4. DogLover1981

DogLover1981 PetForums VIP

It would require some bravery on my part to go to a beach nude. I'm not used being nude in public. lol

5. melbury

melbury PetForums VIP

that would take some balls lol :001_tt1:

6. skip

skip PetForums VIP

I couldn't not even if I had the most perfect body in the world,only one person sees me in the altogether and that's my hubby

7. smokeybear

smokeybear PetForums VIP

Well if it is good enough for David Attenborough, Charles Darwin and Steve Irwin to name but three it is good enough for me.

Without these three great naturalists, our knowledge may be different.

Of course a naturist is an entirely different thing altogether and is probably what you actually mean.......... :)

8. Luz

Luz PetForums VIP

:D Heehee didn't spot that!

9. Muze

Muze PetForums VIP

This thread had me totally confused, a tip for you all..... don't Google naturist :blush:

10. K9Steve

K9Steve PetForums VIP

I wouldn't mind, because I'm not ashamed of my physique and the ladies say I'm sexy, so.................................:thumbup::laugh:

Oh, and I think it would save me from doing laundry. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

11. dorrit

dorrit PetForums VIP

We went to France and the people were crammed in like sardines on the beach it was awful we wandered along in the hopes of finding somewhere a bit less crowded when we rounded the bay and came across a stretch of deserted beach miles of it....

OH said brilliant and marched onwards, I spotted a sign and fearing it said minefield ahead I stopped to read it...

It was a naturist beach about 3 miles long and beautifully clean bereft of screaming kids and idiots playing volleyball in their 2 square inches of sand.

Needless to say we stripped off and spent days of peaceful enjoyment, most of the others on the beach were middleaged couples who waved but minded their own business . I have to say it was the most relaxed Ive ever been on a beach!

Luz likes this.
  12. K9Steve

K9Steve PetForums VIP

One year, my friends and I went on Spring Break out to California to this camp. When we got there, we saw people naked and had to look at "the friend" who booked this camping trip. All he could say was that he didn't know.

At any rate, we stripped off to just nothing but a smile on our faces and continued toward the beach. Thankfully, when it came to meal times, we at least wore towels or robs.

When it comes to being a naturalist, it doesn't bother me, because it was something I've always done since I was a child. However, where I draw the proverbial line, is where children are, because I don't feel it is my place to answer certain questions, if you know what I mean.

13. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

You mean a naturist, as in someone who practises naturism :)

I think with naturism, you either like and get it or you don't and can't get your head around it.

I've tried it (a few times) and I can honestly say that it is quite the experience, very liberating and brings everyone to a level footing if that makes sense to you. Naturists are some of the most warm, genuine and down to earth people that I've ever met, they generally accept you for who you are, and looks don't come into it.

You find bodies of all different sizes and shapes, no one cares, it's about being who you are and being as natural as possible. I met naturists who are from all walks of life, from high flying professionals to bin men, all were accepted and treated the same.

I will always remember my first time, my heart was beating so hard and fast I thought the others would surely hear it, but once my clothes were off I relaxed fast and took to it like a duck to water!

I had serious issues with self esteem and body image so it was a huge step for me to do it but i actually found it to be healing and I came to accept that I am who I am...

Naturists see naturism as a way of life, they generally spend time naked at home (when they can) whereas nudists only do it on holiday or when they visit the nudist beach, it's not a way of life for them.

Unfortunately naturism is dying a slow death and the younger generation don't see the benefits and aren't as open to it.

Go on try it, I dare you :devil:

Luz likes this.
  14. foxiesummer

foxiesummer PetForums VIP

Gawd no. Wouldnt inflict my wrinkly body on anyone, lol. Saying that when I was on holiday in Iceland (the country not the shop) I went to swim in the blue lagoon and before and after had to shower in a communal area and that didnt bother me.

15. Sussexplumber

Sussexplumber Banned

Yes I like to think I`m a naturalist of sorts. I like going out hunting with the hawk, seeing the trees rabbits, foxes and deer. I also have an interest in natural history, I`m an amateur naturalist. :)

I don`t do it naked of course, that would make me a naturist.

16. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

:lol::lol::lol: I hadn't spotted the mistake so was thinking WHAT :eek: were they really couldn't imagine David Attenborough wandering round the jungle naked :D

As to the intended question - nah its too damn cold in this country

17. K9Steve

K9Steve PetForums VIP

You go first, IrishEyes! :laugh::laugh::laugh:

18. IrishEyes

IrishEyes PetForums VIP

but sure I have, several times ;) it's your turn I believe :D

19. suewhite

suewhite PetForums VIP

No I dont think I could being childish I would get the giggles:001_tt1:what happens if the mens bits come alive which I am sure they do at times:001_tt1:

20. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

:lol::lol: you do make me laugh so much :D Think I will have to stop reading your replies when at work as running out of possible reasons why I have the giggles

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice