UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Worst upset ever

845 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  koolchick 
#1 ·
I've always wanted a pup my mum finally gave in and got me a black and tan adorable Boarder Terrier cross Jack Russel I spoilt him letting him on settees and beds in mornings. Always took him where ever I could long walks new toys. In July thius year I was in a bad car accident and sadly my dog didn't make it. Out of 4 dogs I've lost this has been the most upsetting. He was my baby. The friendlyest dog I've ever known. Only the last 2 week I've come to terms with it because my nan got me a Boarder Terrier pup who is being treated exactly like my other dog. I can look at photos of my other dog now without getting upset and talk about him, but not watched any videos of him yet as they will be the hardest thing.

#2 ·
I am so sorry for your loss.
In time you will be able to look at his videos and and smile at the good times you had together.
Happy Memories of him will never fade.
I am sure you new little Dog will give you lots of happy times and you will grow to love him just as much.
They are all different but they are all Lovely.

#3 ·
There are things I want my new pup to do same as my other dog but I'll just be happy if he is friendly with people and other dogs. Anything else I like about him is a bonus. 1 thing I hope he does that my other dog did is jump into my arms which I never learnt my other dog I just caught him when he jumped up. Mynew pup isn't big enough to jump up yet but most dogs seem to jump up unless they are older or learnt not to. Its nice to have another dog to love and spoil I see him as the only good thing to come out of my accident and the only good thing to happen this year.

#4 ·
sorry to hear of your loss, its not easy, like you I got another dog after the loss of 2 within 8 months, he looked alot like the others 2. But one thingIi learned is, you cannot mould them into how your other dog was, you have to accept they are an individual and to love them for their own unique qualities, which in time you will love, and one day look back on like any other dogs you have had that have passed away. Since we got out new boy we lost another dog. I know this one will never replace any of them xx:)

#7 ·
sorry to hear of your loss, its not easy, like you I got another dog after the loss of 2 within 8 months, he looked alot like the others 2. But one thingIi learned is, you cannot mould them into how your other dog was, you have to accept they are an individual and to love them for their own unique qualities, which in time you will love, and one day look back on like any other dogs you have had that have passed away. Since we got out new boy we lost another dog. I know this one will never replace any of them xx:)
I know you can't make a dog be like another dog. Thats why I'm just saying I want my new one to be friendly with people and other dogs other than that he can be how ever he wants. He's being treated same as my other dog so may be simila\r in some ways. Either way I'll love him. There will be some things he does that I like that my other dog didn't do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.