Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worst ever cold

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by daveos, Oct 11, 2021.

1. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

Hi just wondered if any of you currently have a bad cold.
    I am nursing a really heavy cold at the minute I have runny nose had a sore throat for 2 days keep sneezing and my hearing is down have a bit of pressure by my ears, I have done 3 Covid tests all have come back negative really strange its being reported in the papers that this Cold could be Covid I'm not sure I still have my sense of taste and smell.

2. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

Hope you feel better soon.

I saw an article that has asked you to treat it as Covid even if you have negative test results, so stay home etc, don't know if that's just for my area though as there have been a lot of problems in the South with results coming back as negative with one test, but positive with a different test.

3. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

I dont think a runny nose has ever been a symptom of covid as far as I know. But by all means self isolate....it sounds like a stinker of a cold and I bet nobody else wants it!LOL
    Hope you fell better soon.

4. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Runny nose is now classed as a symptom as covid

5. Siskin

Siskin Look into my eyes....

Along with sneezing a lot, cough is well down the list. It’s said that the Delta variant has quite different symptoms to the previous one

lullabydream likes this.
  6. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

Thanks guys the sneezing comes and goes I have done 3 lateral flow tests all negative I can't have a PCR test as I'm not showing classic Covid symptoms or if the lateral comes up positive then I can get PCR.
    Very confusing Covid seems to have classic cold symptoms now the only thing I hear is that loss of sense of smell or taste is still very common with Covid and I seem to have more symptoms than my neighbour who actually had Covid a month ago she had loss of taste smell and just felt run down she had no cold symptoms and her partner had a nasty cough.

7. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

Yeah I saw that article swell I think it was lateral flow tests showing positive then the people had PCR tests that showed negative I know somebody at work who had the same experience earlier in the year it is all very confusing.

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

TBF though they can also be symptoms of a nasty cold.
    When I had covid I seemed to have every symptom except loss of taste or smell! (I would of happily swapped that one for one of the other symptoms!LOL).

daveos likes this.
  9. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

I think you are right its probably a nasty cold doing the rounds I think we are all more aware of Covid and just quickly jump to assumptions.
    I have done the tests come back negative will just have to ride it out now.

10. Gemmaa

Gemmaa PetForums VIP

I've seen a few articles recently, about the "worst cold/lurgy ever" doing the rounds.

Lurcherlad and lullabydream like this.
  11. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Yes, but suggested to isolate as PCR tests weren't always great

It's self isolate now.

pinklizzy likes this.
  12. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

"They" are saying that as we observed Covid regulations over the past year there's been less respiratory infections doing the rounds so we haven't had the opportunity to build up a natural resistance. Hence the medics are really worried that it'll be a bad flu season this winter. The same argument would apply to colds.

Gemmaa, lullabydream and Lurcherlad like this.
  13. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

There are all sorts of weird things going round at the moment a nasty cold is one of them, Hope you feel better soon.

14. MollySmith

MollySmith PetForums VIP

Me too, with the cold. I was meant to be going to an awards do on Thursday (nominated) but I think it sensible to not go in case. No positive tests so fairly sure it’s not Covid but nobody else wants this. Bit disappointed as I hope we might win.

15. daveos

daveos PetForums Member

Day 5 with Cold now, Today seems a bit better nose not running so much and feel a bit more energised not had a cold for 3 years until this.
    Was talking to colleagues at work today 2 of which had Covid said they felt worse with this Cold than with Covid.

16. HarlequinCat

HarlequinCat PetForums VIP

Partners mum has had a cold for a month now. Started 13th September, she was getting better until she went out for the day and now she has a horrible cough. She did tests she's fine, well past any cold infectious phase, but she feels worn out. Cough kept her up all night the other night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice