Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worst afternoon in my life!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SeaThreePeeO, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Things had been going well with Charlie and Lola having supervised access to our fenced patio area.

Anyway later this afternoon DH decided to do a BBQ and myself and the children were sitting in the patio area when I suddenly realised we hadn't seen Charlie or Lola for a while. They weren't in the patio area nor where they in doors, but to my shock and horror I noticed that DH had left our side door open that gives access to the rest of our back garden.

I fanatically searched our huge garden and found Lola under the hedge squeezing herself under the chain link fence into next doors garden. I managed to quickly catch her but no sign of Charlie.

We called and called, searched back and front. Thomas tootled by to see what was happening and then I noticed Charlie down the side of the rabbit's hutch/run where he can gain access out into our front garden. I called and called him and he only gave me a backwards glance as he continued forwards. Myself and DH start tearing up the garden to get at him when suddenly he pops out by the shed. It must have only taken 10 minutes but it felt more like ten hours

He has since been grounded for the rest of the day along with Lola as I am terrified of this happening again. I think I may have to nail the side door shut

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

aww yes i know that feeling, thank goodness they are safe, accidents do happen but its such a panic when they do,:eek:,:)

3. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

It's horrible when they do that but i have to admit i am learning to let them have their space. Lucky frightened me the other night (it's usually Patch who does this) by not being in when i got back from work & she turned up 50 minutes later after lots of calling for her & a power walk around the block.

4. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

I had that yesterday, Tia my pregnant cat decided to go through a hole behind the toilet, i thought she must be in the wall somewhere, but luckily she was behind the bath panel...

she is now banned from the bathroom, but she tried so hard to get in there this morning. lol.xx

5. dave2506

dave2506 PetForums Newbie

Had a similar thing last night. Momentary lapse of concentration as I left the front door open when I took the bins out - 2 seconds and the ever-curious kitten was outside :eek:

She's only 9 weeks old and isn't having her jabs until tomorrow so minor panic! We soon managed to catch her though - obviously too interested in all the new smells to make a break for freedom!

6. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

They're such a worry aren't they. I think I have obsessed over these kittens more then I did over my children as babies! lol

7. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

You sound as though your garden is big. Therefore is it a correct assumption to think your neighbours have similiar sized gardens including the ones that may back on to you?

Have you risk assessed the dangers to your cats if you did let them out during daylight hours only? Maybe it wouldn't be too much of a problem....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice