Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Beautiine, Aug 9, 2009.

1. Beautiine

Beautiine PetForums Newbie

Hello, just two days ago my mum let my rabbit caramel out for his usual run around the house but when she has to go outside to the backyard to collect the clothes, she opened the fly screen and not knowing caramel was right behind her and so caramel ran right to our neighbors not coming back for 4 hrs(according to my mum). i wasn't downstairs with my mum and caramel at the time as i was upstairs doing things and can't hear anything downstairs.
    While we were eating our dinner, caramel came back on his own and we were both worried.
    Since then, he has been acting werid(i think) or i am imagining things as he isn't really eating much hay and pellets as he should be. He likes to sit/lay in his litterbox and one corner of the cage instead of the hideout that i have gotten for him. Another thing that i am worried is his ears...is it meant to be cold then hot and the other way around all the times? or is it suppose to be warm? i haven't gotten him for a long time so i really dun know. is there anything wrong with him?

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

check him over for bite/puncture wounds cats etc have very nasty bacteria in their mouths and could give him a fever, other than that if his behavior is a bit weird its prob the taste of freedom

3. cassie01

cassie01 PetForums VIP

if hes not injured it my well just be the shock, although it might be worth a vet trip if your worried as he may have eaten something he shouldnt have. Hope hes ok

4. AmyPellegrin

AmyPellegrin PetForums Newbie

You know your own rabbit and if you think there's something not right then get him a check-up at the vets just to make sure he's okay. It's better safe than sorry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice