Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

worried

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by xliljanex, Jun 1, 2010.

1. xliljanex

xliljanex PetForums Member

recently my dog has been getting out of breath after exercise a lot quicker than usual and im really worried :confused::

its basically as if shes really unfit, but yet theres no reason for her to be as shes not overweight, and has been out for exercise literally EVERY day since we got her... shes only 3 years old so shes not an old dog either... and in the past she could stay out forever chasing her ball and never want to go home..... at first i thought she was just too hot as weve had some really hot weather the last couple of weeks, however i took her out last night and it was really cold/rainy, and yet after 10/15 mins she couldnt even stand up she was that out of breath...... i realised then that theres something really wrong :( this is NOT normal for her

does anyone have any idea what this could be?? i have an appt at the vets after work at 5.45 but im worried sick :frown:

2. alaun

alaun PetForums VIP

Try not to speculate hun, you'll get yourself even more upset. Just try to wait for the vets tonight. I hope all goes well - please let us know.

3. xliljanex

thanks - will let you know how it goes, the day is dragging so much, just want to find out whats wrong :(!

4. JessiesGirl

JessiesGirl PetForums Senior

You're doing the best thing possible, which is to take her to the vet. Breathing problems always warrant a vet visit.

While you're waiting for your appointment, try to make up a list of all her symptoms. Has she been eating or drinking differently? Avoiding jumping or stairs when she can? Any new foods, medications or supplements? Just try to think through any other changes so you are prepared to give the vet as much information as possible about what's going on.

Wishing you the best of luck! Breathing problems can be serious but they can also be fairly minor, so try to wait for the vet to advise.

5. xliljanex

the only thing thats changed is how long it takes for her to get all puffed out and out of breath... everything else is exactly the same, diet is the same, appetite is fine, still actually wants to play and try and get you to go outside, but then after 10 minutes is completely exhausted.... apart from that theres nothing that stands out.... still seems like the same ella as always, its a mystery :confused:: cant wait to get to the vets and find out whats going on

6. JessiesGirl

How did Ella's Vet visit go?

7. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Hope Ella is ok xxx

8. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

so do I...

9. xliljanex

hi well weve been the vets and shes had tests etc, turns out she had a bit of fluid build up in her lungs due to a bit of a cold so nothing serious :D feel silly now for getting so worked up, i was thinking she might have a heart condition and all sorts... thank god its something nice and simple!

10. Matrix/Logan

Matrix/Logan PetForums VIP

Glad that's sorted for you hun, don't feel silly if it wasn't for you spotting the change in her and getting her checked who knows what could have happened? The fluid could have got infected maybe and turned to pneumonia or something!! You are a great owner to get worried and take her to the vets so well done to you. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

It is such a worry when they are poorly isn't it? Glad all is ok. X X

11. dodigna

dodigna PetForums VIP

thank God for that!!! :thumbup:

12. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

dont feel silly, its better to be over cautious than leave things too late.

im glad she is ok :)

13. Bearpaw

Bearpaw PetForums VIP

Glad to hear she is ok,dont ever feel silly,it could have been something serious!!! so chuffed it wasnt :)

14. xliljanex

thanks ur all very kind :thumbup:

heres a pic of her yesterday playing with her "flat cat"

enjoy!

[​IMG]

#14 xliljanex, Jun 3, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2010
  15. JessiesGirl

Wonderful news! :thumbup:

Don't feel silly. I would have had the exact same worry! :eek: And if you hadn't gotten her treated, the fluid in her lungs might have become serious. :001_cool:

You did the right things-noticed something was just not right and got her straight into the vet's office!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice