Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried sick

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by munchbunch, Jul 20, 2009.

1. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Thanks to the forum, I was up late last night/this morning. Heard a funny noise & found my poor cat Saffy having a fit - she's never had one before & hasn't been unwell - she'd been fine a few minutes earlier. She's a six year old DSH. I soothed her & she came out of it. I picked her up, held her gently & after about 10 minutes she wanted to get down - she just sat behind a chair. About an hour later, I heard a noise in the conservatory - same thing happened. I rang the local vet hospital & they said to watch her & if she had any more to take her in. Just over an hour later, she had another one & I took her into the hospital about 5.15am. Her temperature was normal. They were going to put her on diazepan (?), do blood tests might also do an MRI scan to see if there's anything on her brain. Thankfully she's insured. I can't bare having to go into work not knowing what's wrong with her :(

Sampuppy likes this.
  2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

How terrifying for you.
    I hope the vets can sort it out for you.
    It is really horrible having to go into work.
    Please keep us updated.

3. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

oh dear how worring for you, hope the vet can find out what the problem is. Are you not able to make excuse and not go into work? Shame if you have to.

4. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

How frightening for you. Hopefully the vet can sort out whats wrong quickly.

As others have said, can't you make an excuse not to go into work? You'll only be worrying all day anyway.

Please keep us updated

Ellie x

5. MadeleineI

MadeleineI PetForums Newbie

This is a typical reaction to a toxic overload from an inappropriate ingredient to a commercial cat food. To prevent any more, switch her diet to a raw one. This limits (I won't say eliminates) the chemicals which cats are very sensitive to.

6. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Thanks for your good wishes. I've just spoken to the neurologist at the hospital. Her blood test results show that she has a high white blood cell count. They're going to give her the equivalent of a lumbar puncture (at the back of her neck) & an MRI scan of her head. They'll ring me around 12ish to let me know how she is & if they've found anything.

I did think about not coming into work, but decided I was probably best to, otherwise I'd just be worrying about her even more stuch at home.

7. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Aww bless how scary that must have been!:( Hopefully she will be on the mend real soon - keep us updated and try not to worry too much she is in the best place right now;)

Suzyxxx

8. animallover111

Sorry to read this.....thinking of you xxx

9. kath123

kath123 Guest

oh hun, how awful for you and your kitty.

Hope she makes a speedy recovery and gets home soon xx

10. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Have had an update on Saffy's condition. She had another fit before she had her MRI scan & lumbar puncture. The results show that she's had a stroke :( She's only 6 years old :confused: More tests have been done to try to find the cause - will have the results of some late tomorrow afternoon, the rest in a few days. In the meantime she's in intensive care so that they can keep a close eye on her. :sad:

11. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Sending loads of positive and healing vibes your way. Everything crossed for you!

12. charlie9009

charlie9009 PetForums Senior

I'm so sorry to read this. I hope that everything will be ok and you will get your baby home soon

13. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Iam so sorry to hear about Saffy:( Iam willing her to pull through, we are all here for you xxx sending hugs((())))

14. rona

rona Guest

So sorry for you and Saffy, I hope everything works out in the long run

15. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear about Saffy, I know how worrying it can be .... thinking of you both xxx

16. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

What a nightmare. I hope Saffy recovers soon.

17. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Sending loads of love to you and Saffy

18. Classyellie

Classyellie PetForums VIP

Sending loads of love and positive vibes to you and Saffy

Ellie x

19. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Thanks everyone for your good wishes for Saffy. She had another fit at about 5pm tonight at the vets, so she's on diazepam to relax her. Just hoping I don't get a phone call. I can't see her until tomorrow at the earliest because she's in intensive care. Hopefully she's too zonked out on her meds to fret. I'm ringing again before bedtime to check on her & fingers crossed she has a good night. My other cats are very quiet as if they know something isn't right. Thanks again x

20. FREE SPIRIT

FREE SPIRIT PetForums VIP

Im so sorry to hear Saffy is poorly. My thoughts are with you and i so hope she gets better real soon. I know you must be worried sick. Im always here if you need to chat. ....XXXX ;) :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice