Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried Bassett Owner

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Shirleycam, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Shirleycam

Shirleycam PetForums Newbie

Hi I am wondering if anyone can help. I have adopted a 2 year old Bassett hound boy dog as a companion for my other 7 year old female Bassett, my problem is that the younger dog is so strong and loves to play but takes such a run at my other dog he knocks her right off her feet she then hides from him behind trees so he can't get to her. My female dog has epilepsy and I'm worried that he hurts her. He is not a badly behaved dog and is very obedient so I don't think obedience classes would do any good. I'm a bit confused as what to do.:confused:

2. Knightofalbion

Knightofalbion PetForums VIP

A very warm welcome to the forum.

Sorry to hear about your dilemma. He's a lively teenager! Not doing anything out of the ordinary.
    I would advise reposting in the 'Dog' section... I'm sure someone will have some good advice for you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice