Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried. Advice regarding pug bladder stones/ prostate please.

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Danny_AK, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Danny_AK

Danny_AK PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone

I am really worried today so i decided to post here and would like some advice. My pug has not been walking well for the past 2 days so i decided to take him to vet today and the vet has diagnosed him with an enlarged prostate and stones. My dog is 7 and not castrated, the vet has suggested me to monitor my dog for a week to see if i notice any problems with my dog urinating and also suggested a surgery.My dog is eating, drinking, and urinating normally. I did search on the internet about enlarged prostate and it apparently is common in older dogs, i am just really worried and not able to decide what my future course of action should be.

Thank you for all your help and advise you can provide.

A

2. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

I assume it is bladder stones and your vet wants to find out if they are affecting him urinating. If he is having pain or difficulty or passing blood then I expect surgery would be indicated. As you took him to the vet because of him not walking properly it seems likely that either his bladder, or more likely his prostate, is causing him discomfort.
    What did your vet suggest, would he castrate him to see if his prostate then reduced. 7 is by no means an older dog and he certainly cannot be left like that. I would suggest you monitor him very carefully and take him back in a week and see what your vet suggests. He is the one who has the knowledge to suggest the right course of action.

Danny_AK likes this.
  3. Danny_AK

Danny_AK PetForums Newbie

Hi

Thank you for replying.

I am in no way going to leave him like that. There is no problem with my dog urinating and he is not passing blood either, it's just he is not able to walk properly. The vet has recommended some meds to break down the stones, if that doesn't work I will probably go with surgery but i am really scared to, so hoping that the medicines work properly.

Cheers
    A

Blitz likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice