Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried about my dog

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by 0400772, Aug 12, 2009.

1. 0400772

0400772 Banned

I have a oneyear old Jack Russell, and just recently i changed his food to Oscar brand which contains no additives. With this they advised me he should be eating about 100g of food a day so they give you a server which contains 50g to feed him twice a day.

I never knew how much i should feed him but now the scoop makes it clear. Im worried as he doesnt eat one scoop let alone two. And he never ate that much before (so its not the food)

should i be worried? he has a bone he chews on but its not enough to fill him up. he is my baby and i dont want to lose him. he is quite lean but i thought thats cuz he is always hyer and jumping about. etc.

can someone help

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Aslong as he isnt hugely underweight, i wouldnt worry too much.

A lot of youngsters will be a bit ribby and lean. If you are worried, you could try adding some naturediet to his dry mix to make it more palatable, or some tripe which is meant to be very good at putting weight on, and 99% of dogs ADORE it.

3. rona

rona Guest

All dogs are different as long as he is healthy I wouldn't worry to much

#3 rona, Aug 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice