Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried about my cats getting on with other local cats...?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by gemmstoned, Aug 10, 2009.

1. gemmstoned

gemmstoned PetForums Newbie

:confused:I have 2 kittens, almost 6 months old. No cat flap yet, am getting one soon. They're only allowed out in the day time...

There's a lot of other cats in our cul-de-sac, about 6 I can think of, maybe more. Most stay away, or come around once and again...

Should I be discouraging this cat from coming into my cats territory, will it upset them?

#1 gemmstoned, Aug 10, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  2. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

I would just leave them to it and they will sort out who is allowed where between themselves!

Mickey and Mazie 'allow' certain cats into our garden but chase others away, it is quite funny to watch. Mickey has had a few scraps but nothing major and the other cat normally runs away and Mickey runs inside!

I should also add that Mickey is more friendly with the other cats and runs off with them leaving Mazie but I think Mazie is more independent and entertains herself. Unfortunately you can't make them play nicely together like children!!

#2 amylou8, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2009
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice