Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried about my cat, she's gone missing.

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by flynnsmum, Aug 2, 2009.

1. flynnsmum

flynnsmum PetForums Member

It is so unlike her not to come in for her food but last time we saw her was Thursday evening. I bought home my GS puppy nearly 3 weeks ago and even though she tried to avoid him she was getting used to him and was starting to come into the room with him there. On Thursday we let her out as usual and we haven't seen her since.
    I have today printed some leaflets off to pop through doors in case she has sneaked into someones shed/garage (she is very nosey!) and myself and my daughter will be popping those through the doors later.
    I have had her since she was 8 weeks old, that was 7 years ago. Last night I sat in tears wondering where she was. Tomorrow I'm going to ring the vet in the village to see if she has been taken there.

2. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

So sorry to hear that your cat has not come home :(

Try not to panic too much just yet she may just be teaching you a lesson.
    I know when I first got a new kitten my older moggy stayed away for 4 days as he was not one bit impressed and whilst we were all panicking and searching, in he walked with a look on his face that said ' don't P... me off again!'

Some things that I would suggest is to call all vets and rescue centre's in the area and leave a description of your cat plus your contact details so that if anything turns up they will inform you.

If she is micro-chipped then inform the chip company so they can flag her as missing.

You may find that she has wandered a little too far and got lost or something has spooked her into hiding, in which case a few suggestions I was told years ago are to empty your hover in your front garden.
    Not very nice but apparantly the dust will float through the air and your cat will smell it as their home.

Secondly try looking for her at night when she is more likely to come out of hiding. Call her name and shake a box of cat biscuits, that always works for me.

Ask all your neighbours to check their shed's and garages to make sure that she is not locked in somewhere.

I hope she comes home soon and please let us know when she does!

3. flynnsmum

Thank you Cat_Crazy, I have just read the thread about tips on looking for your cat and saw the hoover bag tip. Unfortunately I only emptied mine into the bin this morning and I really don't fancy going through god knows what to get some of it out again! I will bear it in mind later when I have hoovered upstairs though.

Lily always has been a mardy little thing so you lifted my spirits a little when you said she might have gone off to teach us a lesson, that sounds like her! Hope that's the case.

I will be phoning vets etc in the morning and leaflet dropping later this afternoon.

I will certainly let you know if she turns up. Thank you for replying.

4. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

I hope you find your little cat soon she may be in a shed somewhere my cat got in my airing cupboard with out my knowledge so its easy done they are so fast you don't notice let us know if you find her
    (((((( big hugs ))))))

viv xx

5. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

So sorry to learn that you cat has gone missing. I hope she turns up soon xxx

6. flynnsmum

Just a quick update....I have phoned round local vets and the cats re-homing centre already this morning and so far no black & white cats have been taken to any of them so that's good news at the moment. I have leafletted neighbours and will take another down the local shop later for their board. I did as someone suggested yesterday and emptied my hoover bag contents (what little there was in there as I had only emptied it yesterday morning) in my garden. It's the not knowing that is really doing my head in.

7. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Fingers Crossed For You. X

8. dpb1

dpb1 PetForums Newbie

I agree that it's the not knowing that is doing my head in at the moment. Our 15 year old boy has been missing since last Tuesday and he never goes far and always comes in at night for food.

9. flynnsmum

awww dpb1, I really hope yours comes home soon too. What a worry they are. When you are so used to them being there every day at the door to greet you it hurts deep down when they disappear.

10. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear that you have had no luck yet.

Keep trying and I hope it's not long before all these missing cats are home safe.

On a slighter sadder note, and I hate to say this :(

If you call your local council and ask to speak to environmental health they will be able to give you details of any cats picked up at the roadside.

I really hope that this is not the case but it can certainly put your mind at rest knowing that she is still out there at least.

11. mellie

mellie PetForums Junior

Hi sorry to hear your cat has gone missing, my cat fitou went missing the day i brought our first child home from the hospital, we had had her about one and half years by then well anyway one week to the day she went missing she came home again! making the most noise she had ever made,we think she was either telling us hey dont like this new kid of yours or because it was summer time she may have got herself locked in some ones shed and they had gone away. This might be the case for yours , i really hope she comes home soon. Mel x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice