Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried about my Cali girl. Think she is pregnant

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Christina Catz, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Christina Catz

Christina Catz PetForums Newbie

Think our other male cat Louis got our younger cat Cali whom is 7 months old pregnant while we went on a week long vacation. Now I'm worried she is to young to be pregnant and that if she has the babies they could be dead or she could possibly die as well. Does anyone have any advice? I hear it takes up to 63 days til delivery so she would be about a year old...ugh i just want her to he safe.

2. Vanessa131

Vanessa131 PetForums VIP

Get her and the boy neutered now.

3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

7 months plus 63 days is nowhere near a year. As above, get them both neutered asap

4. moggie14

moggie14 PetForums VIP

I agree with the others, get them both neutered now. If you didn't want the pregnancy why on earth do you have a male and female living together and neither neutered?

5. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

I agree with the others get them both to the vet's to be neutered asap. Please don't let your girl go through the pregnancy! :(

chillminx, simplysardonic and buffie like this.
  6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Good grief will they never learn :(

7. Erenya

Erenya PetForums VIP

7 months is way too young. you are absolutely right to be worried as your cat is in very real risk. Take her to a vet now and get her neutered - do not wait to see if she is pregnant, it'll be too late - you need to get her neutered now while it's still possible.

I'd also get your male cat neutered too - you don't want an entire male in your household - they spray and stink and get in all sorts of testosterone fuelled fights - neutering him BEFORE he gets into these habits will save you from trying to train him out of them...

Temporally_Loopy, AmsMam and Emmasian like this.
  8. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

If you are on a low income/benefits, or even not in some cases, there are lots of free or minimum cost schemes run by the RSPCA or Cats Protection League - just google it in your area. They will usually chip them too whilst they are under. Freya was spayed and chipped for a fiver including two follow up visits. They were very kind to her and did a super job with a tiny incision.

9. Erenya

Erenya PetForums VIP

as the posted originally posted at 03:09, I have a sneaking suspicion that they might not be in the UK - I could be wrong however

moggie14 likes this.
  10. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

An ip check shows that she is in the USA.
    @Christina Catz - my advice is the same as the others here. Take your girl to be spayed now. Do not consider if she may or may not be pregnant - she can be spayed. Then get your boy neutered too.

11. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

Sorry I'd assumed it was UK. Not sure about America for low cost schemes.

12. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

Your cat is way too young to have kittens. You are very right to be worried. If you take her to be spayed straight away, it will be as easy as a regular spay, even if she has conceived. If you leave it too long, it will be like a proper abortion, which poses a greater risk. And get your tom neutered as well, if you don't want him to run all the risks of trying to go after females and fighting with other toms. A tomcat in search of a female in heat will stop at nothing to try and get to her, so you run a real risk of him escaping, getting lost, or worse, getting run over.

13. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Depends where you are I believe, but Google and our US members should be able to help.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice