Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried about my 65L

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by Fishnewbie, Dec 16, 2019.

1. Fishnewbie

Fishnewbie PetForums Member

Hi all,

I have recently lost a few guppies, they were new in and I lost 3/4 in the first month, I didn’t think to much of it as the water is fine (api test) and assumed I just got unlucky,

however now my leopard danios are showing strange signs, a red ulcer looking thing on one and an Indent on the other... please see pictures,

This is the same tank I had issues with my neon tetra( previous thread) although he has seemed to bounce back after feeding garlic and brine shrimp.

does anyone have any advice or suggestions as to what could be the issue here and any idea about the danios ?

Attached Files:

2. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

I'd be concerned that the guppies might have brought some kind of infection into the tank - possibly chronic columnaris? Are you able to quarantine the affected fish?

3. Fishnewbie

Unfortunately I can’t... I only have two tanks and both are stocked... anything else I can do?

4. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Could you buy a plastic storage container (like the ones from Ikea, Poundstretcher etc) and a cheap hang-on-back filter and pop them in that for the time being? You could cut a piece of media from your current filter to size and add that to create a ready-cycled temporary QT tank. (As they're danios, you shouldn't need to worry about a heater.) This would make it easier to treat the affected fish, as well as protecting the healthy ones.

5. Fishnewbie

I could give it a go! What would you recommend treating them with?

6. Fishnewbie

Went to Maiden head and showed them the pictures and they have given me some meds so hopefully this will work!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice