UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Worried about infection

671 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Ianthi 
#1 · (Edited)
After having Esme spayed today and all going without a hitch, I get her home for her to only start licking and pulling at her stitches! :mad: :nono:
(When I went to fetch her earlier the nurse said there was no need for a collar because she was so good and didn't go near them :rolleyes:: )

Needless to say I rang the vets who told me to come back, either with Esme in tow or on my own to fetch a collar - after a short brawl with a half bald cat I gave in and went alone :glare: - only to arrive home to find her underneath my very heavy bed smack bang in the middle (which for a short person like me renders her unreachable!) :(

With it being dark under there I can't really assess the wound but it seems unscathed, however I'm worried the more time she goes without the collar on, the higher risk of infecton :(

I have already tried coaxing her our with various treats - she's having none of it!

#2 ·
After hours of waiting and me finally deciding to post on here in hope of ideas to coax her out she decides to come out of hiding!
The stitches seem all intact and fine, will save the stress of the cat collar at the moment and keep a close eye on her - however if she does get back to pulling at it, it will be straight on! :nono:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.