Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worried about Flake!

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by umber, Jul 13, 2009.

1. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Flake and Daisy were playing outside and when I came back there was loads of fur everywhere. I ran outside and both were lying down in different places. They had obviously had a scuffle. I ran to Daisy and she actually let me pick her up and take her from the back of the garden all the way to the front and put her in her hutch...this is very strange as I actually stood up straight and usually she would have lept from arms at the first hint of me picking her up anyways. Flake ran in himself after a few mins.

I went and got some treats for them as I wanted to examine each of them properly... Daisy seems fine and so did Flake but then just as I was getting up it looked like Flake had a tine tiny tinnnnnyy scratch or cut above his eye.... I tried getting a closer look but it was hard as he wouldnt stay still. Managed to get a 2nd look and it does look like he has a tiny type of scratch/cut there.

I rang they vets and they said ot may be worth bringing him in but they have nothing today and can see him on Wednesday!

Any advice on what to do? Could this be something serious? Like I said its so tiny you would hardly notice it unless literally staring like a hawk examining him!

2. hazyreality

hazyreality PetForums VIP

Dont worry about it, they always get little scrapes like that, just keep an eye on it, if it starts to look sore, then think about the vets. I tend to think that the vets stresses them out so much, that just a small scratch isnt worth going for.

I dont think the vets would do anything with it anyway to be honest.

*Heidi*

3. jaxb05

jaxb05 PetForums VIP

Hope he's ok. ((((( Flake )))))

4. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

Miffy once scratched her eye lid on chicken wire, it was very small the vets gave me some eye cream cant remember the name although I'm sure she would've been ok without it, you could bathe it with cold boiled water (so its sterile) with a little salt in it to help it heal but I wouldnt worry too much

5. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Thanks All! Yes ill keep an eye on his eye! He seems fine otherwise! :D

6. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

Please just make sure if they did have a fight that yo uhave checked him all over to make sure there is no hidden wounds.Especially at this time of year if you miss anything he will be crawling with flies in no time.
    If you are sure it is just the small scratch then bathe it in salt water and make sure you dry the area well.Do make sure the actual eyeball is not affected in any way.
    Are they ok with each other now?

7. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Yes they are all in love again.... as soon as I put them back in they straight away started grooming each other etc... This morning he seemed fine but although I gave both good check yesterday I shall do so again today!

Thanks Toddy!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice