Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

worried about cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by katie200, May 5, 2010.

1. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

ive just found out im haveing my kitchen fitted this tuesday and its going to take about 3 weaks and i dont know have holly and smokey will be because theres going to be a lot of banging and stuff and holly alreddy gets scared of silly things not only that but smokey wont be aloud out for 3 weaks eather as he can get back in though the kitchen and its to dangerour as there also clearing aspestos from the floor have anyone got any idears what i could do to make that three weeks easyer on them and less stressful because the last thing i want is for smokey to go off his food agan he dose that with any little change any idears please

2. Janee

Janee PetForums VIP

cattery?

Friend or relation taking them in (though that is a big responsibility)

Locked in a room in your house - though one post on here did exactly that and builders disregarded instruction and cat ran outside.

Personally I would put in a cattery for 3 weeks - they would be safe and you could visit regularly.

3. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

i am looking in to cattarys but two ive phoned that i can get to are booked up they both say 6 days is not enough notice so that rules that out ive tryed to get my dad to take them but hes not the best with cats im goig to be home for the time there doing the work but i know holly and smokey it going to drive me mad let alone them im going to ring my vets in the morning to see if they know of anymore cattary close bye if not ive got 6 days to think of another idear

4. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

What about confining them to one room with a feliway and using Zyklene it's a destresser that is a milk protien and it's meant to mimic/recreate the soothing calmness that they felt when suckling, it works on my stressy cat just by taking the edge of her jumpyness, it's easy to give as it is a capsule that you open and sprinkle on their food.

I'm facing a similar situation in the fact that I have to have my house re-rendered and putting in a cattery is just not an option as my cat is so nervous and stressy that the vets called me in early after spaying to bring her home as she was trying to climbing backwards up the kennel walls, so I completely sympathize with you.

5. $hAzZa

$hAzZa Shan

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice