Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

worms!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lucylocket35, Mar 28, 2011.

1. lucylocket35

lucylocket35 PetForums Member

we came home from work today and found a wet patch with two beige worms in it on the carpet. OH did some net research and we think artie has round worms. He has a pot belly for a good few weeks but when i asked the vet about it he took one look at me (a large lady) and declared he was fat! We need to get some treatment for him and stewie. Any one got any recommendations?

2. Ruggy

Ruggy PetForums Junior

I would change your vet for a start, if you've seen worms there's no better diagnosis! I had exactly the same thing with one of mine, the vet prescribed milbemax (better to get the vet to prescribe than buy as they will weigh the cat for the correct dose) and he's been fine since.

3. Dante

Dante PetForums VIP

Yep, our vet gives Milbemax aswell - Definitely works, seen the evidence (nice) in the litter tray.

I'd say for worms to be being sicked up, he's got a pretty nasty case of them going on :(

4. genna ann

genna ann PetForums Member

get some milbemax! that'll sort it out

:) xxxx

5. lucylocket35

lucylocket35 PetForums Member

Aww my poor little pal. He has been very subdued tonight :(

We read that round worm needs a double treatment as it only kills the adult worms. It needs a second treatment a couple of weeks later to kill the new adults that form from the larva. We have been wondering if the rescue centre only gave him the first dose and so has been reinfected. OH is going to get something tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice