Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worms or just a greedy cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by SeaThreePeeO, Jul 29, 2009.

1. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

When we got Lola she had quite a heavy infestation of worms and under the vets advice we wormed her twice.

Its been a few weeks since we wormed her for the second time but she still goes crazy around food (when dishing up she acts as if she's never been fed) and is slow to gain weight compared to Charlie. Could this still be down to worms?

I'm not sure whether to worm her for a third time or whether that will cause problems.

2. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Does she go outside? If so then I think you can worm them once a month - check with your vet though. Was she a rescue cat? Does she have food issues if so?

SeaThreePeeO likes this.
  3. SeaThreePeeO

She hasn't been out since the last time she was wormed. She wasn't a rescue as such but we got her from Freecycle and she came with a few issues, some medical.

She has always been possessive over food, growling and such but that seems to have stopped now. Its just before I feed her she literally screams for the food.

She's booked in for her spay on Friday, so I won't worm again until she has recovered from the op.

It just seems for the amount she eats she should be gaining weight quicker, But then I am comparing her to Charlie who is 3 weeks older.

Maybe I am worrying over nothing, but better that then no worrying over something

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

boys grow faster and get bigger than girls too

5. SeaThreePeeO

Oh right, I didn't know that and the vet never mentioned it when I asked about her weight compared to Charlie. He just said every cat is different.

There's me thinking she's wasting away and always straving. More likely she has me wrapped around her little paw!

ETA I was going to rep you but I have been too generous! I'll do so tomorrow :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice