Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

worms in cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jano432, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Jano432

Jano432 PetForums Junior

Hi. I posted in here sometime ago that we had adopted a femi feral who was around 4 yrs old. She s a lot friendlier than she was and we have kept her in since November. Soon we will be having door s and windows open so i have made an appointment to get her jabs and chipping done. I have explained that she still doesn't like being handled but have said they can cope with her. (She has been spayed)

That now brings me to fleas and worms. What is the latest advice/product s i can use which are easily administered given the way she is?

Once she is going out, i have to teach her the cat flap. I would like to ensure that she is in by evening. The flap is lockable but any tips on how i can get her to come back if she's out.

Thanks.

2. Citruspips

Citruspips PetForums VIP

To get her back at night you could first establish a feeding routine that ends with a final evening meal of whatever her favourite meal is. Then whenever you feed her call her even if she's wrapping herself around your legs:D.

Get her used to this for a few weeks to establish the routine. That way you can call her in knowing she's probobly ready for her supper and she'll recognise the call. Then lock the door.:cool:

...course she's a cat so there's no guarantees:rolleyes:

3. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

An all in one wormer and flea spot-on such as Stronghold is probably your best bet, much easier than getting pills down her. Ask your vet as they're prescription products.

4. Jano432

Jano432 PetForums Junior

Thanks for your replies. Once she goes out i will feed her in the morning as i do now but not give her supper until she's locked in!

Tbh i wish i could prevent her going out but that's unlikely!

5. Jano432

Jano432 PetForums Junior

Hi. Took cat for first visit to vet yesterday. Plan of action was two trips. Trip one first injection. Trip two second injection and chip. Discovered that (i did suspect this) she has ear mites and so have to do an inbetween visit for ear clean. She has fallen out with us again and a lot of the work i have done with her since Nov has been undone. Vet coped with her very well and i am so pleased he was able to do what was needed. Treated her with Broadline which she hates on her fur. I am not sure how i will get her in the carrier for next visit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice