Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worming?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SilverCat285, Aug 28, 2013.

1. SilverCat285

SilverCat285 PetForums Member

Harley was at the vet today for his second vaccination and I stupidly forgot to buy wormer. I was told from the CPL to use panacure paste.

Is the panacure sold in pets at home the same as you would get from the vets?

2. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

It's cheaper to use Panacur and you can buy it at P@H - you can also buy it quite a bit cheaper online.

It's a lot easier to use Milbemax! Panacur has to be given on 3 sucessive days, and my experience was that after the first day the kittens I was fostering were wary of me. It was also very messy - I was using the suspension. Did all 6 kittens and mum yesterday with Milbemax in a few minutes. It helped they were all tucked up togeather and sleepy.

Ring your vet, tell them you forgot, ask if they can supply Milbemax - hopefully they weighed Harley as the dose depends on the weight, as does the dose for Panacur.

Long-term Milbemax is better as it deals with tape worms as well as round worms, but round worms are the issue for kittens.

3. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

I only do so with very young kittens. The half dose over 3 days is the safer, gentler option if young kittens could be carrying a large worm burden. If you'd happily use any other single dose wormer then there's no reason not to use the single dose protocol with Panacur.

4. SilverCat285

If I remember correctly the vet said he was 1.7 kg

5. Craftymamma

Craftymamma PetForums Member

I have used both and def prefer the milbemax.

6. SilverCat285

Is that a tablet or paste? Approximately how much does it cost?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice