Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worming...

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Angel, Jan 14, 2008.

1. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

Hi there, this may sound silly, but i have never had to worry about worming my dog as she has the advocate flea stuff that has wormer wwith it.

I read on the internet that when a dog has worms it can stop them from eating as it can make them feel full up.

I thought that they eat alot......

Please can anyone give me some advise??? :confused:

My girlie has not eaten since sat morning and i dont know what to do. I have gone out and bought some worming tabs just incase.

But then she could just be in pain with her knee, i dont know........ :(

2. Lexi-puppy

Lexi-puppy PetForums Junior

i worm my dog every 6mnths on bob martin wormers. try worming her!

if she is just in pain with her knee then try seven seas flexible joint lex has that with doing agilaty.it's not expensive and you should be able to get it from any pet shop.

sorry if it's not been much help.

3. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

I'd check with your vet before worming her, because shes going for her op soon isn't she ? They may not recommend worming so close, if you are going to worm use drontel or panicure, both available from your vet.

4. Angel

Angel PetForums Senior

Thanks, i dont think i am going to give her worm tabs. She had the advocate on a couple of weeks ago and that does worms aswell.
    She did eat some food today. :D
    I think my brain is just working overtime as i am starting to worry about her op...... :eek:

5. garryd

garryd Guest

i don't know weather you know this buddy but worming tabs from a pet shop or super market don't really work ! your better of getting them from a vets or the rspca ! and they will be cheaper!

6. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Or get them from an online pet pharmacy - they work out so much cheaper - I use Drontal wormers for my cats and dogs....never had a problem with them. But like Jenny has said check with your vet just what you should do before doing anything :)

7. Lexi-puppy

Lexi-puppy PetForums Junior

i have used bob martin with all my dogs!!!and they have been fine.never had a problem with worms.it's difficult to get to the vets where i am and with the car down thats just an added difficulty so it's always worked better to get them from the pet shop.:D

8. Jenny Olley

Jenny Olley PetForums VIP

I buy all my wormers on line, mainly because I know what suits my dogs, how much they weigh, and it easier than making the trip to the vet

9. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

9 out of 10 time's i buy online to, From the pet pharmacy, They deliver the next day or 2.
    I sometime's go to my vets if im passing, I get drontal tablets which to me are by far the best wormer.

As garryd said tho, The petshop wormers are poo and a take on, They do nothing for the dog what so ever.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice