Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worming

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by SEVEN_PETS, May 23, 2010.

1. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Hiya

I once did a 28 day course of Panacur for my rabbits about a year ago. I was told by the vet that you won't need to worm them again unless you get a new rabbit. I forgot to ask what about boarding. My rabbits go to boarding every year so they obviously go into hutches that other rabbits have toileted in. Should I worm them again (28 day course) after they come back from boarding?

#1 SEVEN_PETS, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
  2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

a 28 day course is sufficient for life providing they have no contact with other rabbits, as the parasite can live in wood I would do them again as soon as you get them back from the boarders

3. B3rnie

B3rnie Guest

Personally I still worm for 28 days every 6 months or so as e.c is spread by urine spores so you could bring them in on your shoes or one of your guests could bring it in. It just isn't something I'm willing to risk tbh :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice