Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worming Pregnant cats

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by karen2206, Jun 17, 2010.

1. karen2206

karen2206 PetForums Newbie

Hi my cat may be pregnant, i wormed her at the weekend then heard you shouldnt worm pregnant cats, if she is its only 2-3 weeks, will it do her or the kittens any harm? I used Drontal cat wormer on her?

2. Flossiemum

Flossiemum PetForums Junior

Just bumping this one up as I would like to see answers too....:rolleyes:

3. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

No idea tbh, but bumping this up so experienced people can give you an answer. good luck

4. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

Drontal is not meant to be used for a pregnant cat. Having said that, I would try not to worry too much - when drugs are trialled for safety (during pregnancy, for instance) they're administered in much larger quantities than the usual dose... so whilst it's far from ideal that she's been given Drontal, the chances are that, if she is pregnant, there won't be a problem with her kittens.

5. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

According to the data on Noah Profender is OK during pregnancy and lactation. Haven't looked it up but from memory Drontal doesn't make any claim one way or the other. I've known people claim it's OK for pregnant cats.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice