Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worming Indoor Cat & Kittens

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Vantuuz, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Vantuuz

Vantuuz PetForums Member

Just came from vet visit (boosters) and the vet washed my brain out re worming :confused:
    My cats are indoor only, I have never ever seen a flea or a worm but I still worm them regularly.

Fleas - Advantage (6 weekly spring - autumn). For worms it is Drontal each 3 months, on pregnant queen I do worm a week before due date (no matter when she was wormed before) with Panacur.
    Kittens with Panacur liquid (tough it was a mess and I probably will try paste) @ 6, 9 and 12 weeks. Advantage for kittens twice (if I remember correctly).

Once kittens are away, queen is back on Drontal.

Now - obviously Drontal and Panacur is not treating for heartworms so was "kindly" advised to use Milbemax on the queen and Panacur on kittens.

I did some research before I started to stick on my plan, heartworm treatment didn't "came up" as essential for indoor cats.

Any advice?

2. Amanda Sturdy

Amanda Sturdy PetForums Member

I can only tell you what my vet said worm once yearly with vaccination.Advantage for fleas but said it was totally up to me while shecwas indoor.He said they could come in off someone with pets.A pain to get rid of so i have gone with advantage

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice