Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

worming & flea advice

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by wooliewoo, Jul 19, 2009.

1. wooliewoo

wooliewoo PetForums VIP

Hi, usually i use drontal during pregnancy but after Lucys scan on Weds the vet said stronghold best as its licenced for use during pregnancy and lactation and pancur for pups.
    Im not sure what to use as have read mixed reports on stronghold.:blushing:
    She is 6 weeks now and is due for worming and flea treatment next week so any advice will be good x

2. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I don't know about stronghold, but I have always used panicur with my dogs and pups the pups are wormed at 2, 5, 8 and 12 weeks old and hopefully the new owners will carry on with correct worming dates that I give them, if the pup stays here which most do, I then go to every 3-4 weeks and eventually every 3-4 months, the panicur 2.5% for small dogs and puppies or 10% for bigger dogs it comes in either a paste or a liquid I prefer the liquid, but you have ot make sure you get the measuremnt right with the weight of your pups as you can over does and I have heard of it happening.

Hope this helps.
    take care
    Sarah

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice