Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worming advice?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by betrayedninja, Sep 28, 2013.

1. betrayedninja

betrayedninja PetForums Newbie

Need some advice here, I had bought some of that cheapo Bob Martins stuff that you sprinkle in food, the cat never touched the food which isn't like him as he usually clears the bowl.

I then bought some Drontal, I broke it up put it in his food he again did not eat the food. I then just plunked one in a piece of meat, he ate almost everything else but left the piece of meat.

How am I gonna get this into this cat?

2. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

Do not give your cat stuff from bob martin. Ever. It has been known to cause horrific illnesses in cats, even death.

It looks like you may have to put it in his mouth and force him to swallow it - the old fashioned way.

Have you tried smearing it in pate? We do that for ours - one cat licks the pate off :rolleyes: but luckily the more skitty cat will eat the pill in the pate.

I think there is something called pill pockets - but I have never used them.

3. robedha

robedha PetForums Member

I gave Willow her second (my first) worming tablet the other day, the vet did her first one.
    I wrapped her up in a blanket so she couldn't scratch me, opened her mouth and put the tablet in. She swallowed it with no problem at all which surprised me. I've been trying to give her ear drops and rub cream on her ears (she has scratched all the fur off them) and I have a lot of problems chasing her around and getting scratched. It's all par for the course of having cats i'm afraid.

4. betrayedninja

betrayedninja PetForums Newbie

Its quite a task, with a dog you just open his mouth and drop it in, no problems. Different ball game with a cat

5. robedha

robedha PetForums Member

I think a lot of it depends on the type of tablet as well. The vet told me that the ones I get from them have a coating on which most cats seem to like the taste of which makes it easier.

6. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

Go to the vet and get a prescription spot-on. Much easier than trying to force pills down a cat.

7. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Profender from the vets?

8. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

Hide it in some tuna, works for me,or some say in a bit of cheese:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice