Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Worming Advice

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by BuddyCat, Sep 14, 2013.

1. BuddyCat

BuddyCat PetForums Newbie

Hi all
    It is coming up to the time when I need to give Buddy her first worming treatment and I wondered if anyone had advice on products and how to administer??

2. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

How old is Buddy?

3. Satori

Satori One of Life's Winners.

(Buddy is 3yrs). I used drontal on advice from the vet. Ongoing, I will likely not worm because mine are indoor cats but in any case would not use drontal again. Milbemax has the same coverage but in a nice small tablet and will be my choice if / when I next worm.

Administration: Take one slightly sleepy comfy cat gently on your lap, head facing towards you. Stroke and kiss. Gently open upper jaw and drop the tablet in the middle of the tongue towards the back. Close jaw. Stroke and kiss. Ease a small syringe into the side of the mouth give a little squirt of water. Stroke and kiss.

4. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

I'm a fan of spot ons rather than pilling. Profender is my friend :)

5. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

I use Milbemax which has to come from the vets. It's a tiny tablet and I don't have any problems giving it to any of my cats, or indeed the kittens. It covers all the UK worms.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice