Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

World Cup

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by CharleyRogan, Jun 18, 2010.

1. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

I don't get it! Are England doing okay? and what's with all this group thing and the death group?

As you can tell! Not really watching the World Cup!

I got Spain in a sweep thing..... Do I have a chance of winning the whole £32?

2. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

England need to win their next game to stay in thats all I know:D

3. CharleyRogan

Take it we doing crap then!

4. haeveymolly

haeveymolly PetForums VIP

Death group? weve been watching that tonight havnt we. . . . well it looked like it.:D Oh sorry that was england

5. danielled

danielled Guest

Last week I think somebody put butter in Greens gloves.:D

6. CharleyRogan

Just lookin on Fifa website, and if we win then we fine, if we lose we are screwed!

Everyone been telling me England are great! So are Spain any good because I got £32 riding on them if they win!

7. haeveymolly

Ide rather support spain then and hope you get the winnings England dont deserve the support, ile tell you if ide paid thousands to be out there ide be gutted. Think ide be on a beach or round the pool next time they played not sat in a stadium watching that cr*p.

8. thedeans

thedeans PetForums Senior

I got Honduras in my works sweep stake - I'm just relieved it wasn't England

Honduras might not stand much of a chance but at least they put some effort into their game and do their best despite earning a pittance - as for England...............

I've had a great idea thou - pay ME (hypothetically as I'm not male and don't know how to play football) a fraction of an England players wage and I promise I will play my heart out and do us proud - and if I don't win well you can take comfort in the fact I didn't cost as much as the others

9. smudgiesmummy

smudgiesmummy PetForums VIP

i will be very suprised if they get through to the next roundf... if they do... they will prob get knocked out

they need to stop fannying about on the pitch and do what they are supposed to be good at

10. haeveymolly

Rooneys dummy is out now, cos the fans boooo'd em, theyve got to get their act together next game

11. CreativeLC

CreativeLC PetForums VIP

Seriously what does Rooney expect? they put absolutely 0% effort into the game! total waste of time watching it.

12. haeveymolly

Exactly, lets hope it hits home and they do better next time.

13. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

we are pants, even if we win the group we'll get no further if they dnt get out of this mood their all in.

playin for ya country shud be an honour not a chore, my capello needs to start allowing them to do wat they want aswell, too many shackles round their legs last nite and theres only one man who cud change it all and the bugger is bloomin injuired

14. CharleyRogan

England are through!!!!

15. danielled

danielled Guest

Think the score was 1 nill wasn't it.

16. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

I wouldnt say we had the group of death, although who cares wot group we had, were through and thats all that matters COME ON ENGLAND

The group of death is basically the group which its hardest to get through in, where theres more tough teams to win against.

17. CharleyRogan

What are our chances against Germany?

18. bird

bird PetForums VIP

By coming second in the group we have to face the teams that came first in their group. If we get through against Germany we'll prob be facing either Argentina or Mexico. :scared:

Erm......not too good really. But you never know. However going on how we've played over the 3 games and how Germany have played we're about to get well and truely stuffed. :frown:

19. CharleyRogan

Thats not fair we have to play the winner from the other group cos its likely the crap team will go out, should they not have winner against winner and 2nd v 2nd to give some crappy team a chance?

20. bird

bird PetForums VIP

Dont work like that, its almost like a seeding. Makes the game more entertaining (alledgely). Also give the other teams (should they get through) a chance to play against one of the big boys. Heck you never know there have been upsets before and there may be again. The standards of the lesser team tend to be raised against the might of the other teams as they know its sudden death now, no chances to go through other than this one match.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice