Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Working from home...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Ali71, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Still... must be easier than home schooling I suppose!! This one turns 12 next month but he loves to play still :)

20210301_103104.jpg

2. Kirstd78

Kirstd78 PetForums Member

Wfh here also, with my 12 Yr old daughter also... Were just having a coffee break playing with the cats!

Attached Files:

3. urbantigers

urbantigers PetForums VIP

My 15 year old cat has spent the past hour mithering me for attention. He thinks I exist solely for his amusement. I keep telling him that I need to work.

4. Emmasian

Emmasian Mother of Pumpkins

Oh goodness I was actually going to post a thread on this subject!

The Pumpkin Pussycat Posse are driving me slightly bonkers. The problem is that I have made a rod for my own back. They are used to approaching any human in this house and being picked up, cuddled, told how much they are loved and how beautiful they are, then provided with some sort of treat (Dreamies/Snackies/chicken chunk etc) then cuddled for as long as they desire. If it's the evening this can stretch to hours in which we all fall fast asleep.

Obviously now I am working from home they have realised they have a captive audience. Teddy is fairly happy with one or two hugs, then he will potter off, but Freya, and especially Rafa, will have their hug, be placed on the ground/table, walk in a circle, then come back for another. Rafa was up to about 7 or 8 times today and I had to say no to him, and that Mummy had to work. He looked so downcast that I felt absolutely awful. He sat about a foot away on the table, looking down at his paws sadly. I couldn't bear it so of course now they have had a whole pack of chicken roasted for them, and he has been nursed on and off all afternoon with one arm, whilst I try to type with the other. I can't lock them out because they howl and batter the door.

Oh dear.

Betty6691, Jojomomo, ebonycat and 5 others like this.
  5. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

@Emmasian I feel your pain! Suki is up and down like a yoyo, he is like a Simon's Cat video walking backwards and forwards across my dining room table and standing on everything I need. Sometimes he will spot a bird on the grass (we're in the conservatory) then we got into full launch mode and papers go flying :Hilarious Or I get "The Eyes". Please play. I'm bored. I want strokes. I want food..

You have nailed it with staring at the paws though, that made me "awww".
    We wouldn't be without them though really x

6. urbantigers

oh this. Mosi keeps jumping up onto my knee and I keep putting him down but then he’s back again and some days he’s up and down all morning. He just sees me sat down and knows he has a captive audience. I humour him as much as I can but there comes a point where I need him to settle so that I can focus on work. If I wasn’t at home he’d settle.

Then after lunch Kito tries it on for an early tea just because he can. If I was out he’d wait, sit in the window looking out for me but he wouldn’t wander around wailing! Hard to work with that going on in the background.

I love them to bits but......... tbh I sometimes feel I need a break from being with them all the time.

Emmasian and Ali71 like this.
  7. Dr.A

Dr.A PetForums Member

Harley loves to join me for zoom calls

Attached Files:

8. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

That's so cute. Milo has a habit of wandering across the back of the sofa if I'm talking to someone on video (not work calls thankfully!)

Dr.A likes this.
  9. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

This is what I have helping me! He sits there staring at me and purring at top volume.
    DD93CA76-9879-4FF5-9EF5-9E2E4BDBF31C.jpeg

10. Emmasian

Glad it's not just me. My guys come to alot of Zoom work meetings and either climb on me, or sit there gazing at the camera in a very serious manner. I was once in a meeting where the senior manager was attending and thought I'd got one ahead by stuffing them with roast chicken beforehand so they'd be snoozing. But no... In barrels Freya and hurls herself, sending the laptop somersaulting in a flash of silver. Thankfully they saw the funny side:rolleyes:

Ringypie and Ali71 like this.
  11. urbantigers

There was one infamous team meeting here at which my work colleagues got a close up view of a cat’s anus :eek:

12. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

So glad I'm retired :D:p
    Imagine trying to work this lot on your lap :D
    IMG_20210302_230852639_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

13. Emmasian

:Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious:Hilarious

14. Jojomomo

Jojomomo PetForums Member

I'm a health professional so have generally been going into work. Recently had to isolate so worked from home for a week. Boots was very affectionate, but then kept trying to clamber on my work and dribble on it! Thorin mostly nicked my seat whenever I got up! Luckily had no video meetings and only had to apologise to a patient for the noise during a call once...

IMG_20210216_125534413.jpg IMG_20210218_134003543.jpg

15. catzz

catzz PetForums Senior

My online teaching is generally filled with trying to keep the two inquisitive ones out of camera shot, off the keyboard and away from the microphone. Honestly, it’s easier to deal with twenty five 16yr olds than two supposedly mature cats who want to be involved in ALL the lessons!

Emmasian, Ringypie, Jojomomo and 3 others like this.
  16. Ringypie

Ringypie PetForums VIP

Today’s helper!
    81866D06-0C2E-44DA-AEA7-5CE97D4684BB.jpeg

17. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Ahh Cosmo you’re such a good boy helping your mama with her work xx

Ringypie likes this.
  18. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Jasper is the one driving me scatty. She is normally quite aloof and does her own thing, but just recently she has become so clingy..

Yesterday she made a special appearance at a management and leadership session I was having.

And earlier this week whilst trying to finalise the fairly complicated task of the schools' budget for the county:

PXL_20210302_135317675.MP.jpg

Emmasian, Nicola234, ebonycat and 4 others like this.
  19. BarneyBobCat

BarneyBobCat Slave to an AcroCat

Not helping
    20200402_115812.jpg

Emmasian, Nicola234, ebonycat and 6 others like this.
  20. Milo’s mum

Milo’s mum PetForums Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice