Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Working from Home

Discussion in 'Animal Jobs & Working with Animals' started by MickeyMouse, Mar 15, 2019.

1. MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse PetForums Newbie

HI All,

I am new to this forum, I have 3 kids who are full time at school. I am now in a position and really want to get back into the workforce and help get those dreaded bills down quickly. I would prefer to work from home so I can work around schools hours, after school commitments and also work the hours I want to work so I can still attend things like assemblies/carnivals etc at school.

A few years back we used to have a online pet business (selling a range of products) but had to close it down due to not enough orders and more outlay in driving around picking up goods to deliver to customers (didn't justify). I want to try again and get a pet business up and running and profitable but prefer to be of limited initial outlay if I can.

If I started an online business again, I was thinking of maybe getting the orders dispatched straight from the wholesaler rather than me driving around. Also, should I concentrate on one particular product ie collars and leads, shampoos/conditioners for example that will sell well, sell something unique (what could this be?) or something that is in high demand. Another option is selling for only one animal ie rabbits/guinea pigs.

If I don't go down the track of online business, what other pet related business could I do that would work well from home? I just want to bring in some money.

I would love your suggestions/recommendations/help.

Thanks

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Wild birds food is something to look at, though I think you may have missed the boat with animal related products now unless you find something unique.
    I think people like products with either their pets name or picture on it

3. JPs pet nation

JPs pet nation PetForums Newbie

Things like dog beds and food is a good one if you get to get them in cheap ..

4. JPs pet nation

JPs pet nation PetForums Newbie

Also YouTube is a great way to make money not a fast making game dromdure but u can always do care videos and things like that maybe or how about making Tanks and selling them on ?

Dog walking or animal baby sitting is a good one if people are working long hours or going on holiday ?

I am just putting some bits out there for now and seeing what u like .

5. MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse PetForums Newbie

Thanks everyone for your suggestions

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice