Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Work Harder Pay More Tax These People Need Your Money

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr Gizmo, May 5, 2010.

1. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

2. metame

metame PetForums VIP

its ridiculous :(

if they need more money then the kinds could be bringing it in!

Sorry, im not against benefits at all for people who need them. I've worked since i was 13 - thats over a third of my lifetime!

3. CharleyRogan

CharleyRogan PetForums VIP

People like that just piss me off! I go to work and earn £13000 before tax a year and I can survive! Why should I pay for undeserving people? If you think if 2 parents and the kids that are old enough to work....... could bring in at least £60,000 on a basic wage... which would be more than benefits..... but they would have to go to work!

And whats with calling the kid Chelsea Ann Stamford Bridge......?

#3 CharleyRogan, May 5, 2010
    Last edited: May 5, 2010
  4. PembrokeMadhouse

PembrokeMadhouse PetForums VIP

I work bloody hard for what I have - which isn't much, and I get very little help (Tax Credits only) .... it annoys me sometimes - all I would have to do is rent somewhere and I would be laughing on benefits ... it is because I own my own property and have tried to keep it, that I don't get any help.

5. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

It makes me sick! :mad:

6. shirleystarr

shirleystarr PetForums VIP

Too many like this in the UK I have worked all my life and I am, still working age 65 and I dont have anything like they have got makes me sick:mad:

7. LadyLoraella

LadyLoraella PetForums Member

I saw this in Closer magazine,
    It makes me so angry, they seem to think they deserve MORE handouts!

He says he would work if he didn't have mood swings (which he gets disabilty allowance for....!!!!!!) "and anyway, all the immigrants get the jobs now" is what he said.

I actually don't know how they can be ok with that lifestyle? Because it gives everyone who is on benfits a bad name!

When I was growing up my parents lived on benefits and they are the ones that also get the highest amount but my mum is in a wheelchair (knocked down when she was 20) and I remember the amount of times she would be applying for jobs and being knocked back even though she has a degree so she went and got an HND in money managment with something (forgot) but she still wouldn't be hired and my dad was a recovering alchoholic with no qualifications (he was in the RAF, then travelled the world, he had lots of little jobs when he got back but then got addicted to drink) so instead of complaining and demanding more money for his problems he went to college and got his highers then went to uni and then applied for jobs but again no one would hire him because he was older. My dad would get so angry when he couldn't treat us or my mum and was ashamed to be on the dole, both my parents would voleenteer in different places (hospitals and credit unions etc) but because of people like that who seem to laugh at the system and at people who work makes people paint my parents with the same brush.

8. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Parasites!!:mad:
    It makes a mockery of us regular folk who work hard and pay our taxes. This 'Im entitled' attitude seems to be whats wrong with every aspect of this country..:(
    I bet not one of them actually appreciates living in a democratic, affluent country..

9. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd love to know what we're doing wrong, my husband was made redundant last year & the benefits we receive (after a long struggle & using all my savings to keep us afloat) don't come any where near that, everything in my house is second hand, we don't have a car, we eat cheap but nutritious meals but TBH I don't expect any more than this, after all its supposed to be a safety net for those who need it, not a lifestyle choice:mad:

10. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Really makes me mad this does i work hard and there are people I know that sit at home having loads of children and dont see the point in going to work as they get loads of benefits where as myself and my husband run our own company but have made the decision to wait till we have more stability at work until we can have children.

11. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

They can spend £1000 on each child for christmas? My hubby works and i would never spend that.:mad:
    Oh and poor little mum (the daughter) can't get a council house until she's 18,and they say " its so unfair"....:mad::mad:

12. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Excuse my french folks but those conniving, inbred, f****** parasites! And to think one of the little pricks is complaining about their benefit income being "unfair"! :mad:

Thank god my mom's voted conservative!

13. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

Its people like this that give people who really need the benefits the bad name!!! Its not fair! Personality disorder my a**e!!!! More like he is a horrible thug!!!

I think there should be a cut off point! Its become any old excuse to stay off work! Then people who really need it find it very hard to get them! grrrrrr

14. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

The bit that really gets me is he needs alcohol to help him with his condition.:mad:

15. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

It's what you get from backward morons! :mad:

16. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

He should be receiving psychiatric treatment, not taxpayer money and alcohol...

17. Jess2308

Jess2308 PetForums VIP

This is my neighbours!

6 kids between them, council gave them a house - rent, council tax and bills paid and the bloke said to me he gave up his job as a builder as he "earns" more from having all the kids than he does from working so he may as well sit at home and do nothing... Nicest people you could meet, not drunken idiots like the first family, and the kids are pretty well behaved (or have been since i shouted at them for playing football on my drive lol!!) but they are just milking every penny out of the government that they can.

Oh, and they have a litter due any day from their "irish staffie".. I've had to lend them puppy pen, books, heat mat and puppy kit as they had nothing, and thought the pregnancy was 12 weeks long..!!!

18. Mum2Alfie

Mum2Alfie PetForums VIP

We were on benefits, but Rob nearly died in a car accident, I was on maternity leave and took the leave where u dont get paid, and Alfie was 3 months old. I took what I needed, income support and housing and council tax benefits, rob had disability allowance but it wasnt that much. We were told we could go for carers allowance, but we were fine with what we had and didnt need any more so we didnt go for it! As soon as rob was able to work again he did. At first starting off as part time, to get him back into it, even though he was on a very high dose of co codamol still because his legs really hurt him. Still do and still on tablets. But now works full time and the only thing we get is tax credits. Which everyone is entitled to if they work.

I hate it when people take the pee!! :mad:

19. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

Thing is all the parties are saying they want people on benefits to be a bit more scrutinised, and there is a group on Facebook about 'stop giving people with benefits a hard time' and they seem very genuine people. It seems a hard one to win, people like those can take the mick yet those who need benefits genuinely don't want to be given any more of a hard time.

I don't even understand how they get away with it. I really don't.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice