Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre Companion Dog Show and Terrier, Lurcher & Ferret Show

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Lucyc, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Lucyc

Lucyc PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

It's that time of year when I'm plugging our show again!

Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre Terrier, Lurcher & Ferret Show
    and
    Woodham Ferrers & Bicknacre Companion Dog Show.

Lodge Road Playing Field, Lodge Road, Woodham Ferrers, Chelmsford, Essex CM3 4HL

18th July 2009
    (Saturday)​

All the usual classes, plus this year we're doing Racing and Canine Agility!

We're also doing the Good Citizen Dog Scheme Awards - well worth having a go at!

Many qualifiers for the Terrier, Lurcher & Ferret Champions, including Chatsworth, East Anglian, Countryman's Weekly, Pride of The Peaks, Welsh Valleys, Heart of Wales, Scottish National, NWTF and many more!

Anymore details required, please shout!

2. celicababe1986

celicababe1986 PetForums VIP

Hi, novice here :eek:
    What do you do with a ferret at these shows?
    would love to know. Thanks

3. Lucyc

Lucyc PetForums Newbie

Hi there,

In the showing part you just pass the ferret to the judge who will examine it and award rosettes to the best ones. Simple as that.

However, we're also doing ferret racing this year, which should be good fun! The race down tubes and often, much to the annoyance of the owner they have a good sniff about before deciding to come out the other end!! It's just for fun though.

4. celicababe1986

so you dont need any experience in the field?
    How many ferrets usually come to these competitions. I am very intrigued by it all so sorry bput all the questions. :)

5. Lucyc

Lucyc PetForums Newbie

Hi there,
    Ask as many questions as you like!
    we usually have at least six or so ferrets in each class and no, you don't need any experience. Ours is a very friendly show and we have wonderful prizes. There's always someone about who can help you or show you what to do if you're unsure. It's all good fun and you can share a chat with new friends and it's all for charity!

6. celicababe1986

wow, hopefully i can convince the oh to come along. how much are the classes? also is there an ae limit on the ferret? many thanks

7. Lucyc

Lucyc PetForums Newbie

Hi there,

All classes are £1.00 and you can enter as many as you like (as long as you're eligible for them - ie, not much point in entering a class for silver ferrets with a white one etc, well I suppose you could enter, but you probably won't win - although there are so many prizes and consolation przes, you might do!!)

There's no entrance fee to get into the showground, but there is a very small charge for schedules instead... There's a few stalls and things to do, but mostly it's about the dogs and the ferrets!
    Hope you can make it - 18th July in case anyone has seen the wrong date prrinted in a paper...

8. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

stoooooopid question. are there wet weather facilities?? well u never know!!lol

9. Lucyc

Lucyc PetForums Newbie

Not really... We've got a marquee and a few gazebos and there's a toilet/shower block - I suppose they all provide temporary shelter if there was a shower, after which the show would go on!

10. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

thanks. fingers crossed weather stays fine x

11. mike@longbar.co.uk

[email protected] PetForums Newbie

Can you help me? I am trying to find someone who can arrange a Ferret Racing Evening in Norfolk in say February 2010. Any suggestions?

12. Lucyc

Lucyc PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Last year we used a fella who came from derbyshire. I'll PM you his number, but it'd be a long way for him to come!! He might know someone who can help you though.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice