Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Won't Stop Barking

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by blaze490, Oct 8, 2013.

1. blaze490

blaze490 PetForums Newbie

I have got a dog to which I don't know the breed off. I have heard so many different breeds that he could be, i really am unsure what he is.

Anyway, whenever I go the dog park and other dogs are running around, he just chases them and barks. He will stop but only when I call him over. This works until he seeing the dogs running again and he goes rate back to it. This won't really be a problem but it is every time a dog runs around (Chasing a ball, group of dogs running). I don't really want to have to call him over every time because I have had problems before where he wouldn't socialize with other dogs and he has just started too. His barking doesn't bother me but I am afraid it is bothering other people.

He also barks at certain people. I don't know what it is about these people but he picks someone and does more a warning bark then the bark when he is chasing other dogs. I can get him to stop but I again have to call him to me. And again, he will just start again when I turn my attention away from him.

I only these problems when I am out, mostly at the dog park. At home, I can get him to sit and be quiet where my other two dogs won't. I have been told he might have a herding dog or a type of hound dog in him but, again, I really don't know. Could what one of the breeds he might be be the reason he barks at the other dogs? Is there anything I can do or I am I just going to have to deal with it?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice