Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

won't come home

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by serpentseye, Jun 12, 2010.

1. serpentseye

serpentseye PetForums Member

Nellie ( my queen) has always been a nervous little thing, but never this bad. whenever sh sees anyone she runs away. She never comes into the house anymore - not even to be fed:eek::eek::eek:

The bell has fallen off her collar, so when i saw her outside the house yesterday i tried to get her inside so i could get her new collar on. as soon as i opened the door she ran under a van.:( i left out her food bowl with a bit of milk in it, and went back inside.after she came back for the milk and lapped it for a while, i opened the door slowly. as soon as she saw me she ran away like a dog was after her and i haven't seen her since thin. it was around 5 in the afternoon. i'm not too worried about getting her collar on, but she's due flea treatment!

2. serpentseye

serpentseye PetForums Member

please help me!!! bump!!!

3. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

do you know why she has decided to forsake the house? (other pets etc?)

it may be a case of grab a humane trap from Cat's Protection or other local rescue, trap her do the treatments/collar and confine her to the house for a while with rescue remedy and feliway... work round her issues.

4. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

Could you perhaps entice her in by placing her food within the confinds of your home?

#4 HollyM, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  5. katie200

katie200 PetForums VIP

if she wont come in then maby leave her vets basket out with food in it when she gose in shout the door and then you can sort her out

6. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

She obviously is scared of either the dog or something. Why havent you addressed her anxiety earlier before she got in such a state you must have been worried werent you? I would be getting a humane trap then taking her to the vet for a checkup then locking her indoors so you can look after her properly, and if there is another pet stressing her then maybe you need to think if she will be happier rehomed.

#6 Waterlily, Jun 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice