Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wonderful wildlife.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by witchyone, Sep 28, 2013.

1. witchyone

witchyone PetForums VIP

Since moving from the city to the countryside earlier this year I have been so lucky to be visited by so much wildlife. So far I have seen Hedgehogs, Sparrow hawks, Pheasants, Muntjack deer, evidence of badgers and foxes in the garden, the snow last winter gave them away. Last night I was standing at my kitchen door and heard a loud squawking noise and on closer inspection I saw two owls perched on the telegraph poles calling to each other. Luckily there is a little bit of street lighting here otherwise I might not have seen them.
    Sometimes I switch the lights off in the house and just sit at the window watching and waiting for wildlife to turn up. They never do when I watch out for them, its always when i'm not expecting it. You can bet your life the minute I turn my back and go to bed all sorts of wildlife is outside my window doing the hokey kokey:D

#1 witchyone, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  2. moonstone

moonstone PetForums Member

It's wonderful isn't it:)i moved to the country last year and although i had some wildlife in my very large garden in London it's so exciting here:)I have seen hares,foxes,rabbits a hedgehog (who took two days to walk down the field at the back of my garden lol watched by me)now we have two badgers who come in nightly to eat the peanuts i put out for the birds:)i have heard owls but havn't managed to see any yet but lots of other birds:)my naughty cats brought in a baby rabbit in th spring luckily it wasn't hurt and i was able to release it:)and a deer with her baby:)A male pheasant who kept calling until two females flew over then it went very quiet,i still hear him sometimes so he is still around..what i hate is when i see the shooting parties going out and hear the guns going off that's the downside.

#2 moonstone, Sep 28, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice