Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wonderdust

Discussion in 'Horse Health and Nutrition' started by Desertstorm, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

Hi...this is the first time I have posted here in the horse thread. I live in Canada, and we have two Norwegian Fjord geldings. I use wonderdust on wounds and would like to know if anyone has used this product on cats. A dog bit one of my barn cats and after two different sessions of amoxil...one wound has broken open again and is infected. I cannot bring this cat inside so she must stay in the barn where it is of course, cold. I have been working on this wound off and on since October. One wound (both hips) healed up but the other side refuses to heal. I have washed with antiseptic wash, epsom salts, and used Fucidin (antibotic cream) but my hubby informed me it is oozing yet again. I am so frustrated....advice anyone?

2. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

In all honesty if you've been trying to heal it since october then the cat really needs to see a vet.
    Dog bites are dirty and can take a long time to heal but are usually treated with a long course of antibiotics which will heal it from the inside out.
    If you do try the horse products i would make a note of its active ingredients and ask the vet if cats are known to have reactions to any of them.
    Hope it heals soon. :)

3. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

Just to add, the thing with dog bites is they carry such bacteria that treating them can be very hard work.
    Quite often a vet will put the animal on a long course of two different types of antibiotics to really get the infection under control.
    You will need to wash it at least twice a day with an antibacterial solution.
    If its difficult to handle the cat then put it in a cage and gently squrt the solution from a suringe. :)

4. mazzi

mazzi Guest

totaly agree with bullbreeds, maybe you would be better of taking your cat to the vets, hope your cat makes a speedy recovery.:)

mazzi

5. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

Hi...believe it or not, I used bag balm mixed with bees honey and it started to heal! I then shifted to white sugar and there is only a tiny bit of sore left. I was told to do this by a nurse who is subscribed on the Norweigan Fjord Horse forum. (We have two Norwegian Fjord geldings.) Apparently sugar has been used in the past to treat infected wounds on soldiers on the battlefields. It took the soreness and infection right out of the kitty and she is doing great!:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice