Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wonderdust for wounds

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Desertstorm, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

Hi...I have a barn cat that was attacked in October, by a dog. She had deep wounds on both sides of her lower body (hips). I put her on Amoxil for 10 days and one wound healed over...but the other one got infected again and I went through 10 more days of antibotics. Well, she is infected yet again....This cat is in the barn and outside so she is in cold weather. Has anyone tried Wonderdust (for horses) on cats? I called one vet and the company that makes it and no one knows if it is safe of not. I feel if I could use that product, that she would finally heal up. I also washed with antiseptic wash and an epsom salt solution...even used Fucidin ointment (a powerful antibotic cream) but this just refuses to heal. Advice anyone??

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Sorry, never heard of wonderdust but will ask around for you. For now i'd keep up with the antibiotics and keep cleaning the wound. If it's not getting any better in a few days take her to the vets and just get her checked-if you haven't already, thank god she came to your door:) Please let us know what happens and good luck, we will keep paws, tails and fingers crossed for this little lady:)

3. may

may PetForums VIP

Gosh do they still make wonderdust!!!
    I used that years ago along with Grasses skin cure cream;)

4. Desertstorm

Desertstorm PetForums Member

Yup, they still make wonderdust.....well hubby went out with me to the barn to catch kitty. She does not like all the "doctoring" so he caught her for me....picked her up and with a mighty scream and a "hiyo Silver"...well not quite but the cat scream was real enough...come to find out my significant other had put one hand right fair on her wound when he picked her up...end result the cat took off for parts unknown. I went back out to the barn later, found her in the tack room in her bed,(stryofoam box on its side covered with a blanket,) and I carefully picked her up and gave her amoxil and washed her wound by squirting it with epsomsalt solution, and then applied salve. I shut her in the tackroom so I can get my hands on her every day. The wound did not look quite as messy tonight. I think this time I will treat for 3 weeks....maybe trying baytril after if it is still not healed. Wish me luck.... No she has not seen the vet, but I have asked him about her....and this is about all we can do in her situation....use antibotics, antibotic wash or epsom salts and antibotic ointment. It would sure help if spring would come early. The barn has two Norwegian Fjord horses in it each night and is insulated....but it is a barn....too bad she cannot come in the house...but we tried that for two winters and it was hisses and fights all the time. She hates my indoor cats and they hate her. She feels good, eats well and is fat as a butter ball....so apparently the wound looks worse than it is. Will keep you informed...sure wish I dared use the wonderdust......

5. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Sounds like you are just the nurse she needed Desertstorm and thank god it was your barn she crept into:)I'm sure between you both this wounded gal will soon be off catching well "stuff" that they catch and rewarding you all with a fine if not furry feast and a thankful purr:)Goodwork:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice