Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wonder What Happened To Her

Discussion in 'Dog Photo Galleries' started by jon bda, May 29, 2010.

1. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Been rooting through some old files on the 'puter and came across these pics again, she wobbled into our yard at work one evening a couple of years ago, thin as a rake, covered in crap and desperate for food.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Took her home and gave her some food and a bath, then rung round the local vets and got in touch with the RSPCA. After a short while her owner was found, i was expecting to hear that the dog had been lost for a while but no, she'd gone missing the afternoon i came across her, starving and with bones sticking out where they shouldn't of :mad:.

She was such a sweetheart, me and Shelley still feel bad for sending her back to the owner who let her get in such a state, and i feel even worse as i know for a fact she was wandering around the little industrial estate where i work again a few weeks later, didn't manage to find her that time though, i would of just taken her home...
    :(

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

We once took hold of a Labrador who was wandering the streets. Took her home and fed her. She looked in such a state, she had a skin problem and looked really thin.

That night her owner was doing a door knock and happily we could reunite them. I was worried about her state so asked her why the poor thing looked so bad. It turned out she had some sort of skin and digestive problems. The dog also turned out to be 15! Even though she behaved like a pup.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that sometimes things aren't what they seem. It would have been nice for someone to have given you an update or something though.

3. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

It was pure neglect, you could feel her bones bless her, and she was filthy dirty :( I rang the dog warden the next day to see if anyone had rang up to claim her. He came out to asess her and agreed that she looked like she'd been missing for days :( he asked if we were happy enough to keep hold of her until he made his enquiries, as his kennels were full, and he didn't think she'd fare well in the kennels anyway. I agreed.... He came out the next day to say that the owner had been in touch and that she'd only gone missing the night before Jon found her :( the warden agreed with me when I said I wasn't happy going back there but there was nothing he could do, the owner had come for her :( he did agree to keep popping out to see how she was getting on and said we'd be the first to know if the situation hadn't changed :( I can only hope she was being better cared for since the warden involvement :( The other thing that unnerved me was when the owner did come, she shied away from her, tail between her legs and head down :( she was nervous with us but her and Max did play and she never shied away from Jon or I though, not like she did with her owner ;(

#3 MissShelley, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
  4. kaisa624

kaisa624 PetForums VIP

Aww bless. Evidently her owner hadn't been such a good owner then.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice