UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1581 - 1600 of 1696 Posts

·
Swamprat
12,441 Posts
It has been interesting seeing the reaction to the FINA decision. Most of the headlines have used some form of the word "banned" for the transgender athletes and that's interestingly not what the ruling is. No one is banned from competing, you either compete in your sex category or compete in the open category.

It has also been interesting reading some of the comments. The vast majority of people agree with the ruling, including LGBT allies who are also athletes themselves like Martina Naratilova and Caitlyn Jenner.

I've said it before, I don't think the trans activist agenda represents most trans people. I think most trans people are as frustrated with the activists as the rest of us.

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
It has been interesting seeing the reaction to the FINA decision. Most of the headlines have used some form of the word "banned" for the transgender athletes and that's interestingly not what the ruling is. No one is banned from competing, you either compete in your sex category or compete in the open category.

It has also been interesting reading some of the comments. The vast majority of people agree with the ruling, including LGBT allies who are also athletes themselves like Martina Naratilova and Caitlyn Jenner.

I've said it before, I don't think the trans activist agenda represents most trans people. I think most trans people are as frustrated with the activists as the rest of us.
I've been reading quite a few articles about this & the word 'banned' seems to be being thrown around as a bit but as you point out trans athletes are not 'banned' from competing at all, they are still able to compete in their biological sex group.

I am so please that this decision has been made for all those female athletes who never have the same attention. money, etc put in to their sectors as the men & have to work so hard to gain the recognition they deserve.

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
Reading something today that said some of the other British sports associations are looking at the FINA decision with interest and may follow their lead.

A friends son is a water polo coach for a young girls team (teenagers). They take part in a number of events in this country and abroad representing GB. I will have to ask if any trans girls have approached him to be in the team and what he feels about it, just curious really as he feels a huge amount of responsibility for these young girls.

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
This was the tweet @O2.0 ..... WTF?!!! How can a ban on trans women competing in women's swim races lead to higher drowning rates? This ruling has nothing to do with trans people learning to swim Honestly ..... 😲 ;):rolleyes::LOL: View attachment 573490
How utterly stupid can someone be. The subject was about competition not swimming lessons. There’s obviously 91 other equally stupid people going by the likes

·
Registered
11,656 Posts
This was the tweet @O2.0 ..... WTF?!!! How can a ban on trans women competing in women's swim races lead to higher drowning rates? This ruling has nothing to do with trans people learning to swim Honestly ..... 😲 ;):rolleyes::LOL: View attachment 573490
How utterly stupid can someone be. The subject was about competition not swimming lessons. There’s obviously 91 other equally stupid people going by the likes
That reminds me of a conversation I once overheard when Barcelona was hosting the Olympics.

I was sitting having a coffee in a cafe in Fuengirola close to a table occupied by two elderly, blue haired American ladies.

One said to the other "Why is it there are no black swimmers competing in the swimming events?"

The other one replied "That's because black people's skins are porous and if they go in the water they'll just sink to the bottom".

• Wow
Reactions: Psygon and O2.0

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
I know, it bears no relevence to the ruling at all!
That reminds me of a conversation I once overheard when Barcelona was hosting the Olympics.

I was sitting having a coffee in a cafe in Fuengirola close to a table occupied by two elderly, blue haired American ladies.

One said to the other "Why is it there are no black swimmers competing in the swimming events?"

The other one replied "That's because black people's skins are porous and if they go in the water they'll just sink to the bottom".
Hahahahahaha, OMG!!! 😲 :LOL:

·
Swamprat
12,441 Posts
Oh just the usual logic and reason applied to the argument I see :LOL:

I was listening to Caitlyn Jenner talking about this on some talk show and the host kept pushing the narrative that trans athletes are being banned, Caitlyn kept coming back with "this isn't about banning anyone, this is about saving women's sports." Which is spot on IMO.

·
karma is a funny old thing
6,911 Posts

The other one replied "That's because black people's skins are porous and if they go in the water they'll just sink to the bottom
I remember my dad telling me their leg/arm proportions were wrong and their bones were too heavy back in the 70s, probably around the 72 Olympics
And
Then saying Eric Moussambani Malonga, aka, 'eric the eel', in the 2000 Olympics, was proof of the analogy
And
That the 'African' runners were so good, at middle and long distance running ,because they were used to keeping up speeds, over long distances, when hunting zebra, wildebeest etc and running from lions and leopards
But then,
He also told me that lions don't lay with lesser beasts, when I started out dating (he would've killed me and mum had he known I was already on the pill)

·
Registered
2,882 Posts

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
Meanwhile, while trans women are moaning about not being ‘validated’ and having to compete fairly in sport, this American woman could have died…
Wow. So presumably a women with an ectopic pregnancy has to die if she can’t afford to go to Spain.

Reactions: Lurcherlad

·
Registered
16,428 Posts
Meanwhile, while trans women are moaning about not being ‘validated’ and having to compete fairly in sport, this American woman could have died…
That poor woman. A horrible & traumatic experience made so much worse for her 😢

·
Look into my eyes....
17,612 Posts
I feel so sorry for this man and the position he has now found himself in, but is he right the sue the NHS? He does seem to have been is a desperate state of mind and appears to have panicked and ended up not receiving adequate counselling. I hope he does get help now.

·
Super Moderator
10,493 Posts
I feel so sorry for this man and the position he has now found himself in, but is he right the sue the NHS? He does seem to have been is a desperate state of mind and appears to have panicked and ended up not receiving adequate counselling. I hope he does get help now.

I find it a bit hard to believe that a 25 year old would not know the pitfalls of removing their genitals :unsure:

1581 - 1600 of 1696 Posts