UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 1664 Posts

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a disappointing couple of weeks for women's rights accross the world.

The takeover of the Taliban in Afghanistan women and children will suffer the most.

Texas abortion law

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58416805.amp

And in our own fine country child killer and rapist being released. I fail to see how he can not be a risk.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-leicestershire-58408210.amp

I don't know what the answer is but it's quite terrifying.

·
Still missing my boys
42,303 Posts
It's been a disappointing couple of weeks for women's rights accross the world.

The takeover of the Taliban in Afghanistan women and children will suffer the most.

Texas abortion law

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58416805.amp
Seems a lot similar here me thinks. Women who are raped or made pregnant through incest, seem to be blamed too if they want an abortion in Texas :mad:

There's a chance that a rapist could prosecute a woman if she aborts a pregnancy from that rape :(

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
It's disgusting! Honestly there are so many stories that are 'anti-women' that is makes for such depressing reading.

I've not read much about the abortion law in Texas but have read several articles about the vile man Colin Pitchfork, I honestly do not understand how he has the 'right' to be released after his horrible crimes? How can it be deemed that he is no longer considered a risk? Of course he hasn't been a risk so far as he's been in prison!

I hope he has a horrible time outside & lives in fear of reprisals for his crimes :mad:

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's disgusting! Honestly there are so many stories that are 'anti-women' that is makes for such depressing reading.

I've not read much about the abortion law in Texas but have read several articles about the vile man Colin Pitchfork, I honestly do not understand how he has the 'right' to be released after his horrible crimes? How can it be deemed that he is no longer considered a risk? Of course he hasn't been a risk so far as he's been in prison!

I hope he has a horrible time outside & lives in fear of reprisals for his crimes :mad:
Even on the off chance he is zero risk (don't believe it for a second) surely the girls and their families deserve justice? How must their families feel knowing he's going to be walking around.

·
Super Moderator
29,614 Posts

My husband & daughter both don't think he'll be safe from vigilante justice for long, I hope they're right.

Reactions: LinznMilly

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
Even on the off chance he is zero risk (don't believe it for a second) surely the girls and their families deserve justice? How must their families feel knowing he's going to be walking around.
Yes, exactly how I feel. they must be devastated. Same with those horrible men from the 'grooming' (rape) gangs. So many were supposed to be deported but instead were released from jail & one of their victims bumped in to one of her attackers in a supermarket with no knowledge that he had been freed in to this country.

It really is disgusting how male perpetrator's rights seem to trump those of their (mainly) female victims

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes, exactly how I feel. they must be devastated. Same with those horrible men from the 'grooming' (rape) gangs. So many were supposed to be deported but instead were released from jail & one of their victims bumped in to one of her attackers in a supermarket with no knowledge that he had been freed in to this country.

It really is disgusting how male perpetrator's rights seem to trump those of their (mainly) female victims
You can guarantee those who chose to release him won't rehome him near their families.

·
karma is a funny old thing
6,905 Posts
Saw these the other day and wanted to start a thread
But
Was so upset I couldn't put a coherent sentence together, that would stay within the guidelines
So thank you @Boxer123 for doing so

I also read that Alabama and another state I can't remember have 0 days abortion law , so women can't even get the morning after pill, for any reason
And
That Texas has already set up a whistle blowing line, in preparation of the law coming into force

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Saw these the other day and wanted to start a thread
But
Was so upset I couldn't put a coherent sentence together, that would stay within the guidelines
So thank you @Boxer123 for doing so

I also read that Alabama and another state I can't remember have 0 days abortion law , so women can't even get the morning after pill, for any reason
And
That Texas has already set up a whistle blowing line, in preparation of the law coming into force
I find it very upsetting. Apparently you can sue a women for having an abortion it's disgusting. I'm also quite confused as Biden has come out against it is he not in charge of America?

·
karma is a funny old thing
6,905 Posts
I find it very upsetting. Apparently you can sue a women for having an abortion it's disgusting. I'm also quite confused as Biden has come out against it is he not in charge of America?
Each state has their own government, if I've read things correctly, and it only goes to Congress if it's going to become a national law
I think Texas is something Ike 4 or 5 times the size of UK, so it makes sense that they have their own state governing bodies
Until something Ike this happens
I was surprised to read Texas isn't the first state to implement this, so I wonder why no outcry over the others doing so

·
Registered
16,423 Posts
But in this country rapists can (or could as am not sure if the law has been changed) request parental rights to any child born through rape. It's truly unbelievable, but happened again during the 'grooming' scandals. I think in one case one of the poor young women was almost forced by social workers to marry one of her attackers.

It honestly doesn't make sense how this can be lawful but again another example of women being treated unfairly :(

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Each state has their own government, if I've read things correctly, and it only goes to Congress if it's going to become a national law
I think Texas is something Ike 4 or 5 times the size of UK, so it makes sense that they have their own state governing bodies
Until something Ike this happens
I was surprised to read Texas isn't the first state to implement this, so I wonder why no outcry over the others doing so
I was surprised to, I guess it depends on the direction the wind blows on whether the media report on it.

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
But in this country rapists can (or could as am not sure if the law has been changed) request parental rights to any child born through rape. It's truly unbelievable, but happened again during the 'grooming' scandals. I think in one case one of the poor young women was almost forced by social workers to marry one of her attackers.

It honestly doesn't make sense how this can be lawful but again another example of women being treated unfairly :(
That's awful :( when you really think about everything you don't feel safe at all.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
The man who raped me has been free for years now, he's not allowed to mix with children though which is good I suppose but I don't like the fact he is free to do what he wants.
He got into therapy before I did which I don't think is right.

·
Registered
18,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The man who raped me has been free for years now, he's not allowed to mix with children though which is good I suppose but I don't like the fact he is free to do what he wants.
He got into therapy before I did which I don't think is right.
I'm so sorry to hear that. It's not right not at all. Big hugs.

1 - 20 of 1664 Posts