Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Womb Fluid???

Discussion in 'Dog Breeding' started by samanthac, Feb 26, 2008.

1. samanthac

samanthac PetForums Newbie

Took Lucy for her scan today (day 27), vet said def some fluid in her womb but couldn't see anything else, he has invited us back for a second scan next week, has any one ever had this??
    any info gladly appreciated :)

2. nici

nici PetForums Senior

the only time i have heard of this is when the bitch has contracted pyometra has she got a discharge? and did the vet check her over? dont want to scare you, cos if the vet checked her she should be ok, but just keep a close eye on her and any signs of something you are not sure about go straight to the vet. but then it could have just been a bit early to see them on a scan, good luck and let us now what happens :)

3. clare7577

clare7577 Guest

Hi i have a ragdoll cat who i thought was pregnant,she was happy eating well and her normal silly self,her abdomen was large and i thought she was in labour,she was having contractions and eventually brown smelly fluid started coming out,having had kittens b4 i knew something was wrong,i took her straight to the vet where she was diagnosed with pyrometris.She had to have a emergency op,and has now fully recovered,thankfully but there was no indication that there was anything wrong!

4. nici

nici PetForums Senior

same thing here with my bitch :( two weeks before she was due went into labour and foul smelling pussy fluid came out :( yuk.... i nearly lost her to

5. DOTTYPOODLES

DOTTYPOODLES PetForums Newbie

i'm wondering if this is what happens if the pups get re-absorbed? i have heard of this happening (re-absorption) but havn't got time to research at the mo. maybe the discharge/pus or whatever it is, i what's left over.

hope your girl is ok now nici??

6. nici

nici PetForums Senior

hi yes thanks she is fine now but wasnt very nice at the time.....i had 2 scans done on her and the vet said all was ok even saw the skeletons of the pups, when we rushed her to the vet he said that there were no pups left in her so we are assuming that they were reabsorbed and the mess that came out was what was left,reabsorbtion can happen at a early stage and i think is is more common at early stages and doesnt have any effect on the dam but in my experience can also happen very later on with very bad effects, so have become very aware of anything that may not seem quite right.

7. englishrose943

englishrose943 PetForums VIP

I have had a scan done on my bitches when i thought they where pregnant but my vet advises having a scan done around 4 weeks pregnant. I stud my boy out and 2 of the bitches hes studed with had the scan and their vet told them they werent expectin but one produced 4 pups and the other 6 pups :confused:

8. bullbreeds

bullbreeds PetForums VIP

A vet did that to my aunt. He told her the bitch was having a phantom pregnancy. Four weeks later she gave birth to nine phantoms! :rolleyes:

9. englishrose943

pmsl thought these scans where supposed to work.:rolleyes:

10. samanthac

she had a little creamy discharge but odourless and its not like its there all the time, the vet said she was fine and looked very healthy, she had a water infection just after mating so hes been checking her regularly any how, sorry to hearabout your girls!
    she has to go back for a repeat scan on day 34 next tuesday, so hopefully be able to see more then, he just said that there was def fluid in the womb but he couldn't see anything else there at the moment :(

11. englishrose943

well fingers crossed and good luck:D

12. samanthac

thanks il keep you all informed:)

13. nici

nici PetForums Senior

hows things... is she ok :confused:

14. samanthac

sorry not been back on here for few days
    took lucy for her scan on tuesday, and the vet said it doesnt look like there is any pregnancy he said the week before he could definately see fluid he said it looks like she could have miscarried :(

15. nici

nici PetForums Senior

ahh sorry to here that :( she is ok isnt she :confused:

16. samanthac

yea shes fine, just glad that shes ok the vet just said some times these things just happen but shes in perfectly good health! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice