Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Woman sues her mobile phone company after her affair is exposed! LOL

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by classixuk, May 18, 2010.

1. classixuk

classixuk PetForums VIP

Toronto woman sues Rogers after her affair is exposed - thestar.com

I was just reading the story above.

In a nutshell...a woman has an affair behind her husband's back. He sees her mobile bill and notices one number being called repeatedly. He calls it. The affair is revealed. He leaves her.

She is suing the mobile phone company for $600,000 for "revealing the affair" - her claim is that the mobile was registered in her maiden name, and so the phone company should never have provided an itemised bill at their address.

What do you think? Is that right?

2. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

I got the impression from the article that her hubby added on a couple more services to the same company, say for example O2. They had O2 TV, so he rang up to add O2 internet and O2 homephone onto the service too. And then instead of sending her bill separately bunged them all together in the same 'bill' so all arrived in the same envelope whereas the mobile phone bill used to be separate and addressed to the woman?

In that regard yes the company are in the wrong if they included her bill in with the rest if addressed them to anything other than her maiden name, but the woman's reaction is completely over the top. It might be something the company always do in that they send all bills together to the same address as opposed to by name, but I can see how privacy was encroached slightly.

Saying that its completely ludicrous what that woman is claiming. Her privacy was lost slightly but its absolutely ridiculous. I bet she would have been suing her soon to be ex husband for opening post that was addressed to her if it had been sent separately and he opened it :rolleyes:

3. GillyR

GillyR PetForums VIP

Ha ha ha ha.... no i dont think it is right, she got caught out, the dirty minger.....deal with it lol lol....so funny though.

4. RockRomantic

RockRomantic Gobsh!te

^ lmfao! :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i agree though, she isn't right

5. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I don't think she has the right to sue for the company revealing her affair - however if the phone was a seperate contract in her name only it shouldn't of been included in with bills to another account at the same address.

I work for a bank we had a similar incident happen a few years ago.
    Wife changed address on the joint bank account, ticked the box that say are all linked persons/accounts moving as well.
    The bank changed wifes adress, the kids adressa nd the husbands adress as you would expect as they are all linked to the wifes details - However hubby had another joint account with his mistress and as a bank we changed the adress on this aswell as per the instruction.
    Hubby rang up very irrate as mail addressed to him and his mistress had arrived at his home and now wife was suing for divorce.

6. GoldenShadow

GoldenShadow PetForums VIP

This is it the company were probably trying to be helpful or thought they were doing the right thing...serves that man right anyway, and the woman in the OP :rolleyes:

7. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Whatever you do in darkness will always come to light

she deserved to be found out, cant stand liars

8. nic101

nic101 PetForums VIP

where theres blame theres a claim......

robbing cow - she deserves to be left.

9. piggybaker

piggybaker PetForums VIP

OMG what a silly cow, as the phone company said... the marriage probably would have come to end any way,, she just got burnt instead of her hubby,, pooor bloke,,

I hope she doesn't win.

10. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Well if she wins lets hope they make her put the money into a trust for their kids.:thumbup:

11. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

haha well serves her right for been a skank :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice