UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Not sure whether this is the right place to put this...

Biffy is our gorgeous wolfhound cross - he's 7 months old now and getting absolutely enormous. He was rescued with 15 of his siblings and we got him at 14 weeks.

He's an absolute delight and such a cheeky monkey, we know his mum was a wolfhound but we were wondering - who was the father!? Any ideas what he looks like he might be crossed with?

we're going either black lab or lurcher type:)

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey!

thanks for the welcome - think I may end up on here a lot! Yeah we kind of think black lab - just with his face and the colour, a few people have said lurcher, but although he's got a very small waist/tummy area he is quite chunky elsewhere -

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Ooooh how handsome! His ears are labby aren't they- and the face shape isn't 100% sighthound, I'm not brilliant at this but I can see lab, too- though so far he doesn't look like he has any of the stockiness of a lab! He's going to be tall!

Also, welcome! :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thought I'd take a profile one while he's snoozing lol - with my foot for scale XD might help a bit -

He does have very labby ears - so am going with the consensus I think and saying black lab (ISH)

his joints are huge, and he did have cartoon feet for most of his puppyhood - he's just growing into them now - that's the thing with the big -uns though isn't it - they grow for ages!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
He is lovely. I have no idea but the last of the first 3pics looks labby otherwise i can't see it but no idea what else. Surely the lurcher look is just the wire hair so if he is more slender than a wolfhound then perhaps greyhound?

G

·
Oh he is BEAUTIFUL!!!
And welcome to the forum!

You better keep us updated as he gets bigger!! :001_wub::001_wub:

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
Oooooh he IS a big lad! He doesn't have the classic wolfhound fur I've seen in other crosses yet. Here's my friends Wolfound x Brucie, who I luuurrrrrve and get to look after now and then :001_wub: He has the fur, but is not any taller than my greyhound.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
I would say black lab - the lurcher look is surely the wolfhound part as would be the wire hair. He is lovely. :p

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oooooh he IS a big lad! He doesn't have the classic wolfhound fur I've seen in other crosses yet. Here's my friends Wolfound x Brucie, who I luuurrrrrve and get to look after now and then :001_wub: He has the fur, but is not any taller than my greyhound.
yeah that cross is much more wolfie isn't he! Biff is very strange, sometimes he has a very labbish expression, but other times when he puts his ears down he'll look very distinguished and houndish - it's a mysterious mix! He is getting shaggy across his back but his face, but I think with him only being 7 months that shaggyness might take it's time coming through -

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
First thing I thought of especially in the head shots is Black labrador.

·
Registered
13,811 Posts
Don't know what he is crossed with but he is delightful. Just the kind of scruffy looking dog I love. Hope you have loads and loads of happy years together! :)

G

·
LOve your dog, and love Brucie, is Brucie wolfhound X greyhound ? He looks like deerhound X, to me, but that would be likely with the wolfhound/greyhound X, too. I LURVE rough coats

·
Registered
23,241 Posts
Gorgeous doggy, Id go with Lab too I think. Although judging by the awesome long whippy tail maybe a little bit of monkey too!:D

·
Premium Member
33,922 Posts
May be black lab, but what ever he's crossed with he's gorgeous

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.