Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Woe Betide if......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by KittenKong, Apr 22, 2018.

1. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

You disagree with Theresa May.

This chilling letter was distributed to Tory party activists.

Seeing they are many pro EU supporters in the Conservative Party this can only constitute as a threat to any of them who dare disagree with her. Always thought she was more suited to the NF than the Tories.

Hopefully the upcoming local election results will inspire many moderate Tories to rebel against her, as Thatcher discovered after the Poll Tax fiasco.

View attachment 352423 wp_ss_20180422_0004.png wp_ss_20180422_0005.png

noushka05 and SpringDance like this.
  2. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

I'm not sure I see where the problem is. The electorate voted to leave the EU, so it is up to the MPs to make what was voted for happen. If delaying the leaving date would result in a better outcome, then I could see the point of delaying, but as it is, I don't think that will make a difference, so the sooner the inevitable happens, the better.

3. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

From what I have read all party leaders in Parliament are cracking there whips. I don't see any point in delaying what was voted for.

I don't find it amusing how some remainers are using parts of history to reflect on what is happening. I personally don't like how May has been compaired to when she is just doing her job. Her job is to ensure that what was voted for is acted upon like it or not.

Just a point. If this was sent to all Conservative MP's @KittenKong how did you get hold of it as it is confidenitial communication?

Any how I am not getting involved in this debate.

4. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

Really? I saw this as a stark warning to the pro EU Conservatives not to challenge the strong and stable one. It accounts to bullying and threatening in my eyes, and I'm keeping Brexit out of this!

Imagine the uproar if Jeremy Corbyn sent a similar message to his party activists?

SpringDance and cheekyscrip like this.
  5. stockwellcat.

stockwellcat. Banned

But Jeremy Corbyn has sent similar communication before via his chief whip when voting article 50 through. It's not bullying it is keeping the party in line. It's done quite alot using the Parties Cheif Whips to get votes through.

#5 stockwellcat., Apr 22, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  6. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

This is the point. No one knows exactly what they voted for except the hard right (and left) who want the UK cut off from Europe.

Had an interesting post from a leave voter over at Sabre who stands by his vote, but thought this would result in the EEA/Swiss method which the strong and stable Queen has unilaterally rejected. He's as worried as any remain voter is.

The vote to leave the EU didn't necessarily mean the vision of Theresa May and others in the far right in much the same way not every pro EU voter expected the adoption of the Euro and Schengen, even if I did personally back that.

As for your second post I can't dispute this. My reason why I voted for a pro EU party, (In other words a party that backs a referendum on a final deal including an option not to go ahead with Brexit).

You and others may not like this.

But what is there to lose? Are the hard Brexit mob so frightened their minimal majority will be reversed.

If Brexit's going to be as wonderful as the leave campaign had people believing it they'll be a pro Brexit landslide surely?!

cheekyscrip likes this.
  7. cheekyscrip

cheekyscrip Pitchfork blaster

@KittenKong you are living dangerously....
    Does TM allow the B word at all?
    But at least we are soon to be free...

Of course if you a Tory - not.

8. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

Just for you SWC. This is a Vote Leave leaflet!

So much for pro EU memes causing offence....

Not only Turkey but did anyone really believe Syria and Iraq were about to join too?

And of course the big lie of the century: £350 weekly for the NHS.

And they say I should respect the narrow leave vote, even embrace it. I wouldn't if you put a gun to my head. Never Never Never......

wp_ss_20180422_0003.png

cheekyscrip likes this.
  9. CuddleMonster

CuddleMonster PetForums VIP

She is telling her MPs that they are not to attempt to delay or stop an action which the majority of the electorate has voted for. After all, it is the MPs job to represent the electorate, not to promote their own views or wishes.

Bisbow and stockwellcat. like this.
  10. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Corbyn sacked three front benchers after single market vote .

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-three-frontbenchers-after-single-market-vote

Jeremy Corbyn has sacked three Labour frontbenchers who voted against the party in favour of a Queen’s speech amendment calling for Britain to remain within the customs union and single market.

The Labour leader, who has been emboldened by the general election result, decided to take a tougher approach than after the vote to trigger article 50, when shadow ministers who rebelled were allowed to remain in position.

Shadow housing ministers Andy Slaughter and Ruth Cadbury and shadow Foreign Office minister Catherine West joined dozens of Labour backbenchers, the SNP, Liberal Democrats, Greens and Plaid Cymru in backing the amendment.

cheekyscrip and stockwellcat. like this.
  11. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

In such a threatening manner?

Agreed. Never forgave Corbyn for that. That's coming from a Labour supporter.

Here's hoping the local elections will shock the core of both parties into ditching the will of their leaders.

Better still, they'll ditch the party leaders as well.

kimthecat and cheekyscrip like this.
  12. cheekyscrip

I never trusted Corbyn.
    I have enough experience to trust a Commie.
    Too much to the left or too much to the right...somehow the extremes are so much alike. Nice to agree with you for once.:D

kimthecat likes this.
  13. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

I can understand you being angry with Corbyn for his stance on brexit - I'm frustrated to hell with him! But he isn't a communist Cheeky - this is a lie peddled by the right. In Scandinavian countries he would be seen as a bog standard social democrat. ( https://www.opendemocracy.net/can-e...orbyn-mainstream-scandinavian-social-democrat As a Scandinavian who has spent more than a decade living in Britain, nothing has made me feel more foreign than observing the current Labour leadership election. From his style to his policies Mr Corbyn would, in Norway, be an unremarkably mainstream, run-of-the-mill social-democrat. His policy-platform places him squarely in the Norwegian Labour Party from which the last leader is such a widely respected establishment figure that upon resignation he became the current Secretary-General of NATO.)

Also because new labour had moved so far to the right when they adopted Thatchers dreadful neoliberal ideology by rejecting it Corbyns labour appears far left to some, when it isnt. Corbyn has merely moved the overton window back to where it should be for a social democratic party, Labours policies are now extremely progressive. May & her government, on the other hand, are xenophobic & dangerously authoritarian.

Check out the political compass Cheeky :) https://www.politicalcompass.org/uk2017

New labour.
    [​IMG]

Labour under Corbyn.

[​IMG]

cheekyscrip likes this.
  14. cheekyscrip

Just cannot trust him.
    All he has done .. all the whip cracking, the sabotage of Remain. Labour gsines because people are seeing Tories for what they are, but if David would have won.

Sorry, but I see Corbyn as most effective when it comes to saving his leadership.

He also panders to masses and the Unions.

kimthecat likes this.
  15. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

CuddleMonster said:
    Threatening ? Hardly.
    She sounds like my old school head mistress. Firm and to the point . Nowt wrong with that .

16. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I see him as the Emperor with no clothes on except its his adorers who think he is finely dressed.
    I find this adoration by the masses scary .

cheekyscrip likes this.
  17. KittenKong

KittenKong PetForums VIP

I was inclined to agree which I do upto a point but Corbyn's done nothing to help himself on sacking Owen Smith for expressing his concerns over the proposed Irish border.

They were probably other reasons as well, but to the average person it looks like belated revenge for challenging his leadership.

I don't know how he can justify the, "Not one job lost" pledge when Brexit, which he backs, is already resulting in job losses, 1000 at Nissan, Sunderland recently for example, unless he's planning to re-vamp British Leyland when the foreign car firms move out!

Hardly the fault of Corbyn himself that, but his supporters.

#17 KittenKong, Apr 23, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
  18. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

If it was a binding vote. It wasn't, it was a referendum. Government doesn't have to leave the EU to actually address the issues many voters voted leave for, especially when leave was not defined. MP's are there to represent the best interests of their constituents. Not vote to damage them. UK is a representative democracy.

cbcdesign, Arnie83, noushka05 and 2 others like this.
  19. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier. Snowflake. Activist ;)

We know outside forces influenced the result. The same sinister outside forces which influenced US voters & led to Trumps election. People didnt know what they were voting for because they were bombarded with lies. People were led to believe we would be better off not worse off. Did anyone know brexit would be a catastrophe for our already crippled NHS? What about Northern Ireland? Did anyone understand the complexities of leaving? . And we know Cambridge Analytica & Russian bots interfered with the referendum - you only have to look at posts on this forum to see people were duped by all the propaganda.

Every leader cracks the whip - MPs should take a leaf out of Jeremys book & be brave enough to defy the whip on issues they feel strongly about. I dont agree with his stance on brexit. David would never have won, he was tainted by the Iraq war - a Blairite. Traditional labour voters dont want a tory lite party Cheeky.

They want one which represents the masses, the trade unions. That, after all, is what the labour party was set up to do ;)
    Shes using the same terminology as fascists.

He represents the masses. In case you didnt realise thats us! I think its silly not to accept he has weaknesses though. But many see him as our only hope of ditching neoliberalism & putting people, the environment, our NHS & public services before profit. Unfortunately even with the best will in the world brexit will mean there will be less money to go round. Labour should offer a 2nd referendum on the final deal when people know exactly what brexit means.

He deserves critisizm for this.

cheekyscrip and KittenKong like this.
  20. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

He encourages it , turning up at Glasto . Oh Jeremy Corbyn ! Reminds me of Tony Blair and his man of the people popularity :Vomit
    One good thing about Corbyn is that he is less extreme than John McDonnell though John does come over better in interviews as more competent and clued up .

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice